Hitlers Bodyguard

General WWII era German military discussion that doesn't fit someplace more specific.
German Born
Supporter

Hitlers Bodyguard

Post by German Born »

Thanks to SBS Australia we have the pleasure of viewing another "As it happened" series and along the same lines as the "Churcills Bodyguard" series.
This one is Hitlers bodyguard with part 1 screened already on Friday 12 Feb 2010.
Excellently narrated by Rober Powell this fine production tells us who and how Hitlers bodyguards were selected and it gives details of Hitler when he was a bare fisted fighter in the streets and bars of Germany pre ww2.
As it was dated 2008 some may have already seen this.
Many thanks once again for presenting this for us....German Born. :up:
Just another brick in the wall 1961-1989
Troy Tempest
Enthusiast

Re: Hitlers Bodyguard

Post by Troy Tempest »

I have it on dvd and it is most excellent. Some really good footage of the early days, and the early characters around Hitler, Emil Maurice for one. Very thorough, only a couple of mistakes that I found, the most glaring being the perpetuating of the old myth the Sepp Dietrich mailed a chamber pot full of awards back to the Führer after he ordered them to take off their cuff titles. Very disappointing to hear that, but that aside, it is an excellent series, and very worth the modest investment to buy it. Great footage and historical info on the early days. I used it as a reference to correct a number of wiki entries on some of the characters highlighted by the series.
Hello from sunny Port Macquarie