Help with 4.PzA and AA Kempf (8.A) OB Aug 43?

German unit histories, lineages, OoBs, ToEs, commanders, fieldpost numbers, organization, etc.

Moderator: Tom Houlihan

Sean Oliver
Supporter

Help with 4.PzA and AA Kempf (8.A) OB Aug 43?

Post by Sean Oliver »

I'm looking for the complete OB/Kriegsgleiderung of these two armies for early Aug 1943, which is immediately after Zitadelle and at the start of the Soviet offensive known as "Operation Rumyantsev" or the Belgorod-Kharkov Operation. The Zitadelle OB won't do because there was much shuffling and shifting of units in late July '43.
I'm especially interested in the various GHQ artillery/werfer units.
I already have fragmentary OBs from Raus' book, and all the other published accounts of Rumyantsev (Glantz, Nipe,) as well as things from the web (KOSAVE II, Lexicon der Wehrmacht, etc) but these are not presice enough for August 1st-5th 1943.
I'm hoping someone has a microfilmed schematic they could share!
Jan
Associate

Re: Help with 4.PzA and AA Kempf (8.A) OB Aug 43?

Post by Jan »

Hi
See you www.diedeutschewehrmacht.de!!!!!!!!!!
Jan
Sean Oliver
Supporter

Re: Help with 4.PzA and AA Kempf (8.A) OB Aug 43?

Post by Sean Oliver »

Thank you, Jan, but I've already seen that website and while it is helpful, it doesn't give enough details. I'm looking for GHQ artillery/StuG/Flak assets and which Korps they were attatched to for Aug 1-5 1943). These OBs only show divisions.
The July 5-6 OB is an example of what I'd love to see.
I could simply use the July 5-6 OB, but there was alot of re-organization and shifting of Division and Korps units after Zitadelle; III.PzK went to the Mius and back with 2 divisions from II.SS Pzk, GD went to HG Mitte and back, the LSSAH and some of the GHQ units of II.SS PzK went to Italy, the XXIV.PzK appeared and took over some of XXXXVIII.PzK's units, and Armee Abt.Kempf became 8.Armee. Basically, the 4.PzA and Kempf/8.A OBs were thoroughly scrambled around during late July '43.
So far, I have not located a source which shows all of the smaller GHQ units and where they were attatched. If someone has microfilm frame or two with AG South's gleiderung for Aug 1-5 1943 that would be exactly what I need, assuming it shows all GHQ units down to batallion level