SS-Röntgensturmbann

German Veterans, vet accounts, MIA searches, KIA info, and on relatives who served.

Moderator: Tom Houlihan

Gramford

SS-Röntgensturmbann

Post by Gramford »

My uncle was in one SS-Röntgensturmbann, most likely after he lost one eye.What he did before this, we don`t know eiter.
I don`t know much, and its not much to find about this SS-Röntgensturmbann, In all it was 11 from Norway..2 got EK 2..only 16 and 17 years old..My Uncle was 17 to..
He past away last year,82 years old, and like always..when they are gone..we want`s answer and so on...TO late...DO any one in here know anything about SS-Röntgensturmbann, photos anything..
His name is: DAGFINN GRAMFORD....he had a MARCEL in it also...and the rumor say he was even Married in Germany when he was there, she was working in a Teater..we dont know where..I guess this was after he lost his Eye..and in Hospital maybe..ore to a School to learn about the Röntgen equipment.
But again we realy don`t know.Wher in Gremany did they have a School for this? ..ANY ONE::HELP HELP HELP..

And to you all..WOW what a wonderfull thing this FELDGRAU.NET is..I`m member in 4 simular forum..and its so much to look at and read..so much of everything, and the knowledge..wow.

And promise me..If you have someone in your fam, who has anything to tell..from last ww..ore from Vietnam..go get them to tell you the storry..Its werry soon to late, every day some of them go back to the hunting fields, to meet old kameraden ore so...GO and DO it..Nothing is a SHAME to day...this is history, and via history we don`t need to do the same mistake one more time, and we will not.
FEAR NOTHING DO RIGHT.

Best regards...LEIF GRAMFORD
[email protected]
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Re: SS-Röntgensturmbann

Post by Tom Houlihan »

Off the top of my head, it sounds like it has something to do with the heavy water and what went for atomic research that was going on in Norway. Beyond that, I really can't tell.
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
John W. Howard

Re: SS-Röntgensturmbann

Post by John W. Howard »

Hello Gents:
This is a guess, but I am wondering if he may have been re-trained as an x-ray technician or radiologist?? The medical corps would most certainly need them with all of the metal flying through the air. Just a thought. Best wishes.
John W. Howard