Hitlers Birthday

General WWII era German military discussion that doesn't fit someplace more specific.
German Born
Supporter

Hitlers Birthday

Post by German Born »

As it is Hitlers birthday on friday 27 April students from over 80 countries studying in a medical school will be locked down.Going on previous years there is an ever increase in Neo-Nazi activities and violence marking his birthday in Moscow.
Just another brick in the wall 1961-1989
Doktor Krollspell
Patron

Post by Doktor Krollspell »

Hello German Born!

Hitler's birthday was actually on April 20! :wink: And it's as strange as it is sad that Neo-Nazi groups and their activities increases in Russia... :?

Regards,

Krollspell
"Wie es eigentlich gewesen ist"
Leopold von Ranke (1795-1886)
Dragunov
Associate
Location: Ottawa, The True North Strong And Free (and rather cold)

Post by Dragunov »

friday was a funny day. hitler's B day, columbine anniversary and a strange 'holiday' for weed smokers called '4-20' where they all march up to parliament hill and smoke their weed to protest the fact that smoking weed is illegal, and to get high at the same time. that's my understanding of it.
When Stalin says "Dance" a wise man dances.- Nikita Kruschev
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

And my Aunt Doreen's birthday - but I choose not to see anything sinister or theoretically conspiratorial on that fact... :D :D :D
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

But was it purely coincidence or planning that the 1944 Warsaw Uprising started on the smae date???
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds
The Panzer Oberst

Adolphs Birthday

Post by The Panzer Oberst »

:( Ops forgot to send a card. Guess its the Eastern Front for me!
"I no longer control events, they control me, and that is why I am sick of hearing about the Great German Army. I wish I were in the Mountains where the air is so cool."
Richard Murphy
Supporter

Post by Richard Murphy »

phylo_roadking wrote:But was it purely coincidence or planning that the 1944 Warsaw Uprising started on the smae date???
Didn't the Warsaw Uprising start on 1st August?

Regards from the Park,

Rich
Cott Tiger
Associate

Post by Cott Tiger »

Richard Murphy wrote:
phylo_roadking wrote:But was it purely coincidence or planning that the 1944 Warsaw Uprising started on the smae date???
Didn't the Warsaw Uprising start on 1st August?

Regards from the Park,

Rich
Rich,

Crikey, it’s been a while since you posted Richard. Good to see you back. (I used to post on the old format forum as “Andre from England” many years ago – in the days of the infamous Ken!!)

The main Warsaw Uprising was indeed August 1st 1944. I think Phylo has got mixed up with the battle a year previous – the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising. The final and biggest battle of which commenced on or around April 19th 1943.

Best regards,

Andre
Up The Tigers!
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

yep, noticed that a few days ago, but didn't go back and correct it yet - the Jewish uprising of April '43
Cott Tiger
Associate

Post by Cott Tiger »

Rich,

Thanks for the PM, I have dropped you one back!

Regards,

Andre
Up The Tigers!