Uniforms for Campaign in Norway

German uniforms, clothing, and awards 1919-1945.

Moderator: John W. Howard

Bergamot_Messiah

Uniforms for Campaign in Norway

Post by Bergamot_Messiah »

I would like to know where I might find information in regards to the style of uniforms worn by the German army during the invasion of Norway as well, if possible, as the predominant vehicles used for the same.

I duly appreciate all assistance to this end. I would be grateful for even the slightest tip.
Dan Mouritzsen
Supporter

Post by Dan Mouritzsen »

Hi,

There are almost no notable differences between German uniforms and equipment used in any of the campaigns in 1939-1940. Poland - Denmark - Norway - Holland - Belgium and France.

Regards

Dan Mouritzsen
Snorre
Donor

Post by Snorre »

Hi,

Have a look at http://www.nuav.net/ndWW2.html where you will find several articles and photos.

Also, try posting your Q at the NUAV-forum.

Rgrds,

S 8)
Klotzen, nicht kleckern!
Helmut Von Moltke

Post by Helmut Von Moltke »

Dan Mouritzsen wrote:Hi,

There are almost no notable differences between German uniforms and equipment used in any of the campaigns in 1939-1940. Poland - Denmark - Norway - Holland - Belgium and France.

Regards

Dan Mouritzsen
except for the Mountain troops under General Dietl in Narvik, heh heh, because there weren't any German mountain trrops other than them in the Blitzkrieg campaign. But you might prove my guess wrong. just my 2 cents.... :D

helmut
Christoph Awender
Patron

Post by Christoph Awender »

except for the Mountain troops under General Dietl in Narvik, heh heh, because there weren't any German mountain trrops other than them in the Blitzkrieg campaign. But you might prove my guess wrong. just my 2 cents....

helmut
...."Other than them in the Blitzkrieg".... Whatever this should mean.Gebirgsdivisionen were present and in action from the very beginning on. Just a few seconds of looking would have told you that and another post of "great value" like this would not have been needed. I don´t understand why people post here what they think instead of what they know.

\Christoph
Helmut Von Moltke

Post by Helmut Von Moltke »

Christoph Awender wrote:
except for the Mountain troops under General Dietl in Narvik, heh heh, because there weren't any German mountain trrops other than them in the Blitzkrieg campaign. But you might prove my guess wrong. just my 2 cents....

helmut
...."Other than them in the Blitzkrieg".... Whatever this should mean.Gebirgsdivisionen were present and in action from the very beginning on. Just a few seconds of looking would have told you that and another post of "great value" like this would not have been needed. I don´t understand why people post here what they think instead of what they know.

\Christoph
hi, you proved me wrong with that..... ans sorry, next time I won't post any guesses...... :(

helmut
Christoph Awender
Patron

It would take 20 seconds to have a look when the first Gebirgsdivisionen were formed. And that is what I do not understand. You participate in a thread and make a guess showing that you have no clue at all. Wouldn´t it be more clever if you participate in a discussion to look the information up? It has two benefits... you learn something and your answer brings information to the questioner.
Just thinking loud but I do not understand such things.

\Christoph
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

Christoph Awender wrote:Wouldn´t it be more clever if you participate in a discussion to look the information up?
You mean, like maybe more than two sentences of banter? :?
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
Christoph Awender
Patron

Tom wrote:
Christoph Awender wrote:Wouldn´t it be more clever if you participate in a discussion to look the information up?
You mean, like maybe more than two sentences of banter? :?
I don´t understand what that means and if it is against me but nobody seems to care about the quality of the posts here of certain members. When I think members do not add any kind of information and post just to post something I will annoy them with "challenging" posts.

\Christoph
Oberst Sanders

Post by Oberst Sanders »

Christoph Awender wrote: I don´t understand what that means and if it is against me but nobody seems to care about the quality of the posts here of certain members. When I think members do not add any kind of information and post just to post something I will annoy them with "challenging" posts.

\Christoph
ol' Christoph is at it again! We can't have any inaccurate posts slipping under the radar! :D :D
Christoph Awender
Patron

Oberst Sanders wrote:
Christoph Awender wrote: I don´t understand what that means and if it is against me but nobody seems to care about the quality of the posts here of certain members. When I think members do not add any kind of information and post just to post something I will annoy them with "challenging" posts.

\Christoph
ol' Christoph is at it again! We can't have any inaccurate posts slipping under the radar! :D :D
Well, yes because I am a member here since the beginning several years ago. And honestly it is "heartbreaking" to see what happens here sometimes. The forum was founded as a research forum and the headline is still including the term - research community - NOT - I post what I think but don´t know community -

\Christoph