BOGUS Uniform maker ALERT!

German auxiliary organizations 1919-1945.
Reichmadel

BOGUS Uniform maker ALERT!

Post by Reichmadel »

Hi all,
As you know, I've been looking for a uniform maker to make an RADwJ uniform for me. I've also been looking for a good British Women's ATS uniform (another of my interests).
I came across a supplier called "Replicaters" in India. I asked for some pictures of "his work", and he sent me several pictures. The pictures he sent and represented as "his work", were actually pictures of Original uniforms from a private collection of a woman who once posted them on-line.
When I asked this Sanji guy why he would send out pictures of original uniforms and represent them as "his" work, he didn't get back to me.

Last night I came across an old thread on another Military Forum about this very guy, and company; and the husband of the woman whose uniforms had been illegally used by Replicaters, said he had finally gotten the company to stop using their pictures. Well, guess what...the pics I was sent were of her collection....Replicaters hasn't stopped stealing images of Original uniforming, and representing it as made by them.

I suggest you all steer clear of this dishonest company.

Also, as an RADwJ collector, to other collectors..."Soldat" is reproducing several of the RADwJ brooches, and one of them is done quite well. Buyer beware.

Reichmadel
" Much that once was is lost, for none now live that remember it."
Soldier21FK

Post by Soldier21FK »

Bay The Way

In January 2006 i find Sanjays homesite, buy a british tankercoverall, FS cap. Then I plan to replicate a Norwegian tunic. I send it. Of course, I was nervous :). I had now used my tunic in my litle fortress-world. The tunic is wonderful. A beuty made tunic. 100% replica. It's a good stuff from Replicaters. You have to trust it.

But, about the photograph, I did'nt know of these things. But, mabe they need this photography to replicate uniforms? I don't know.

That he like to ignore part of messages.. Well, It's not only him to to that?
Regards
Dagfinn :)
Norway
BDMhistorian

Post by BDMhistorian »

I have heard mixed reviews about Sanjay from different people.

Some say he does very good work making copies of originals. One person I know sent him some British Navy uniforms to have reproductions made in his size and they came out wonderfully but took forever. From other people I have heard that it takes forever and a day to get any kind of reply and things seem to have a tendency of getting lost in the mail.

I have not purchased anything directly from Sanjay. I emailed him regarding fabric samples for Hitler Youth uniforms once and the fabric he sent me for the project I was looking into was completely wrong, so I never bothered. The sample came very quickly, though.