Looking for information about Luban, Germany

General WWII era German military discussion that doesn't fit someplace more specific.
jhamblen

Looking for information about Luban, Germany

Post by jhamblen »

My wife's sister and her family live in the Polish city of Lubin in the western part of the country. Before the war, it was the German city of Luban. In a park in the city, there is some kind of large complex that was used by the German Army. There are large earthen walls forming the sides of a shooting range. Down the range there are steel and concrete "gates" that look like they held targets. All of it is pretty well shot up and had suffered from more than 50 years of exposure. We're going for Christmas and I was planning on taking a few pictures. Has anyone heard of a test site or a factory located in Luban? Please understand that I'm not asking about the Polish city of Lublin. It's much better known and was part of the GG during World War Two.
Thanks for any help.
Jeff
JKS

Post by JKS »

Perhaps you mean Lauban, the former German name for a city in Silesia, now Poland.
Jochen
jhamblen

My mistake

Post by jhamblen »

Yes, that's the one I meant. After posting this note on the DG, I discovered my mistake.
Jeff