Göring and Count Eric von Rosen

Individual German officers, soldiers and award holders.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

C. Udentz

Göring and Count Eric von Rosen

Post by C. Udentz »

Can my Swedish Kameraden give an insight on the rune stones in Gotland, Sweden.? When they were discovered and their significance recorded.?
In february 1920 Göring was a guest at castle Rocklestad, at the invitation of Swedish, Count Eric von Rosen. This was a significant period in the development of Göring's awarness of Germanic culture and his future outlook. He remained a firm friend of Sweden and its people throughout the difficult times that followed.
What happened to Count Eric von Rosen?
ALGY

Runor and Göring

Post by ALGY »

There are maybe 2000 Runstenar in Sweden, how many in Gotland I dont know. I have never heard anything concering Göring and Runstenar before, bur maybe he was intrested in "Kylverstenen" found in 1903.
http://www.guteinfo.com/special/runor.htm

http://www.guteinfo.com/scripts/bigpic. ... kylver.jpg

heres another Runsten from Gotland :
http://www.guteinfo.com/scripts/admin/b ... _Enderborg

heres a link to Rockelsta in English :
http://www.rockelstad.se/english/history/

Mfg
//ALGY
C. Udentz

Swedish Runes

Post by C. Udentz »

Thanks Algy,
Much appreciated.
Cal Udentz.
charlie don't surf
Associate

Post by charlie don't surf »

Hi Cal! I live just a few kilometers from Rockelstad Castle. It's an interesting place to visit since much of the things von Rosen brought home from his trip are still there, i.e. a complete Samurai armour. My grandfather worked their in his youth and saw Göring land with an aircraft on the ice. Von Rosen was probably more friendly to the Germans than admitted in the link. Do you know that one can see a sun cross (reversed swastika) on the ceiling in the castle? Some people believe that this is from where the influence of the swastika came from.

Best regards/ Daniel
ALGY

Swastika at Rockelsta

Post by ALGY »

charlie don't surf wrote: Do you know that one can see a sun cross (reversed swastika) on the ceiling in the castle?
In the book "Göring och Sverige" by Björn Fontander ISBN 91 56880 3
Eric von Rosen is quoted as saying in a radioprogram 1936 that he already in south america in 1901 saw the symbol , and that he had one embroided on his mantel. He had also seen the symbol on "picturestones" from Gotland ( maybe here is the origin of Görings interest ? ) When Eric von Rosen decorated Rockelsta ha had the swastika incorporated into the fireplace. Göring was very interested in the symbol Eric von Rosen says.

Göring met Carin ( http://www.photosammler.de/auction/misc11e.htm )on his first trip to Rockelsta and fell in love. he spent their first evening ( 20 februari 1920 ) together in front of that Swastikadecorated fireplace.

BUT what happend to Eric von Rosen ? All I know is the died in 1948

Mfg

//ALGY
C. Udentz

Swedish Runes

Post by C. Udentz »

Thanks Charlie,
The links are informative. I may one day come and have a look.
I appreciate your response.
Thank You,
Cal Udentz
charlie don't surf
Associate

Post by charlie don't surf »

I don't know about the sun cross on the fireplace. The one I've seen was definetily in the ceiling pattern.

Your welcome Cal, I hope we managed to help you a bit.

Best regards/ Daniel
C. Udentz

Swedish Runes

Post by C. Udentz »

Charlie,
The links come from Algy, my mistake. But thanks for your information.
I have learned a lot from you and Algy.
Thanks again,
Cal Udentz.
Thomas Borgsmidt

Re: Swastika at Rockelsta

Post by Thomas Borgsmidt »

I don't know if it is of any interest, but the Finnish Air Force had a blue swastika on a white roundel as nationality marking during WWII.
this wasn't due to the connection with Germany; but the finns put it there, because it was von Rosens personal good-luck charm - as far as I've heard
ALGY wrote:
charlie don't surf wrote: Do you know that one can see a sun cross (reversed swastika) on the ceiling in the castle?
In the book "Göring och Sverige" by Björn Fontander ISBN 91 56880 3
Eric von Rosen is quoted as saying in a radioprogram 1936 that he already in south america in 1901 saw the symbol , and that he had one embroided on his mantel. He had also seen the symbol on "picturestones" from Gotland ( maybe here is the origin of Görings interest ? ) When Eric von Rosen decorated Rockelsta ha had the swastika incorporated into the fireplace. Göring was very interested in the symbol Eric von Rosen says.

Göring met Carin ( http://www.photosammler.de/auction/misc11e.htm )on his first trip to Rockelsta and fell in love. he spent their first evening ( 20 februari 1920 ) together in front of that Swastikadecorated fireplace.

BUT what happend to Eric von Rosen ? All I know is the died in 1948

Mfg

//ALGY
Tapani K.

Post by Tapani K. »

Thomas Borgsmidt wrote:I don't know if it is of any interest, but the Finnish Air Force had a blue swastika on a white roundel as nationality marking during WWII.
this wasn't due to the connection with Germany; but the finns put it there, because it was von Rosens personal good-luck charm - as far as I've heard
Yes, this is true. Count von Rosen donated the Finnish Government their (our) first aeroplane, Thulin D. Count von Rosen had the blue swastika panted on the planes wings and later the Finnish Government adopted this device as the official nationality marking.

In 1944 we had to change the markings after the Germans had discredited this fine and ancient symbol.

regards,
Tapani K.
Enrico Mölders
Supporter

Post by Enrico Mölders »

In 1944 we had to change the markings after the Germans had discredited this fine and ancient symbol.

regards,
Tapani K.

Hello Tapani,

not the Germans discredited it but the NAZI's. I just wan't to make it sure that there is a significant diffrence. No doubt the NAZI's are a horrible part of the German history but they are not an essential part of the German race. I don't know if many nations and races exist which collectively payed and still pay that much for their former sins.

I wish a nice day
Enrico
' ... zu bedauern die Nation die Helden benötigt ! ' Berthold Brecht
Tapani K.

Post by Tapani K. »

Enrico, you are absolutely right. Sorry for my mistake, should have been more careful there.

regards,
Tapani K.
ALGY

Carin Göring

Post by ALGY »