Translation Help Required !! English to German.

Translation requests of German or other languages.

Moderator: John W. Howard

Shadow
Patron

Translation Help Required !! English to German.

Post by Shadow »

Greetings Troops: :D

Could someone please tell me if my German translation (below) of the English version (above) is accurate ??? :oops:

English:
"Order of Battle - Units under the direct authority (Reserves) of the Supreme Command of the German Armed Forces (O.K.W.), Supreme Command of the German Armies (O.K.H.), and the German Army Groups (Heeresgruppen) at various dates."
German:
"Kriegsgleiderung für zur Verfügung (z.Vfg.) unter Oberkommando der Wehrmacht (O.K.W.), Oberkommando des Heeres (O.K.H.) und Heeresgruppen zu verschiedenen daten."

I've tried to do my best with my limited German skills but I need a German language expert to correct any mistakes I may have made !! :oops:

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. :up: :up:

Best regards,

The Shadow
Christoph Awender
Patron

Re: Translation Help Required !! English to German.

Post by Christoph Awender »

Hello

I would put it this way:
"Kriegsgliederung - Einheiten unter dem Kommando des O.K.W., O.K.H. und der Heeresgruppen zu verschiedenen Zeitpunkten"

/Christoph
Shadow
Patron

Re: Translation Help Required !! English to German.

Post by Shadow »

Christoph Awender wrote:Hello

I would put it this way:
"Kriegsgliederung - Einheiten unter dem Kommando des O.K.W., O.K.H. und der Heeresgruppen zu verschiedenen Zeitpunkten"

/Christoph
Thanks Christoph !! :up: :up:

I've already acknowledged your help in my latest project for Axis Historical Factbook. I've now added some extra credits. "many thanks my friend!" :D

Acknowledgements:
My thanks to Marcus Wendel (for all the support he's given me over the years), Jason Pipes (Feldgrau CD Collection), Andreas Altenburger (Lexicon der Wehrmacht), Christoph Awender for his help in my English to German translation, and his (World War II day by day), Jan Linzmaier (Die Deutsche Wehrmacht), Dr. Leo Niehorster (World War II Armed Forces - Orders of Battle), and most of all to Tom Houlihan, whose book "Kriegsprache" has made this project possible.

Best regards, as always,
John Mulholland :D