Recent US headline

Fiction, movies, alternate history, humor, and other non-research topics related to WWII.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

Baltasar
Enthusiast

Recent US headline

Post by Baltasar »

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/01/ ... index.html

Any thought about it? I wonder what our friends in the us think about it.
Wenn man nichts zu sagen hat, einfach mal die Fresse halten.
Fish
Contributor

O Neil

Post by Fish »

Baltasar, Well to tell you the truth I really don't care about the Bush administration coming in and wanting to finish things with Saddam. Its obvious that the Bush adminstration came in with its mind made up to get rid of Saddam (wouldn't you if he tried to knock off your Dad) clear the mess the Clintons left us, Since 1991 we've been putting up with Saddam's S%#* so once and for all it was time to get him out of there. We kept troops deployed all over the Middle East in response to what he might do next and with no end in site. Another Korean situation for 50 years?? Hey this technique may not be the best in the lives, familys hurt and dollars spent but we will have a closure to it with the end we want instead of the closure Saddams wants.

Its been a slow day around here for a Monday
Best Regards All
Fish
Rohrdorf Germany
Stefan
Banned

Post by Stefan »

we will have a closure to it with the end we want
Yes, a closure that is already lasting 10 months. I wonder if I will live long enough to witness the end of this "Blitzkrieg" of the Bush kind.
101stDoc
Associate

Post by 101stDoc »

Please try and keep modern politics off this board. Thanks.

Doc
Baltasar
Enthusiast

Post by Baltasar »

I just wanted to hear the opinions of our fellow american contributers since I don't have much information sources. Basicly, I wanted to know what US citizen think about the article/situation.

I didn't intend to start a campaign of any kind for or against anybody and I ask the other forum members not to post anything offensive against those who wrote what they think.
Wenn man nichts zu sagen hat, einfach mal die Fresse halten.
Helmut
Patron

Post by Helmut »

Servus,
I think it would have been irresponsible to leave Sadaam in power. \
Everyone is getting on George Bush's case about wanting to remove Sadaam but no one even mentions that it was the expessed policy of the Clinton administration for years before GWB ever got into office. Bush at least turned empty rhetoric into action and did the whole world a favor and removed that vermin from power. :x

Helmut
Dackelstaffel
Contributor

Post by Dackelstaffel »

Hi,

People have forgotten that under the Clinton administration, there were often combats between the Royal Air Force, US Navy and US Air Force against the Iraqi forces because planes have been locked on by the SAM radars.
All we need it's a Dackel in each pocket.
101stDoc
Associate

Post by 101stDoc »

Bleh let's not go where this' headed...

Doc
L. Kafka
Enthusiast

Where is Willie Brandt when we need him?...

Post by L. Kafka »

I never vote for the Democrats or Republicans in presidential elections, but I would mind seeing a ticket of John Kerry and Wesley Clark knocking off Bush and Cheney.
Dasbootz
Supporter
Location: Zee Island under zee sun situated 1 degree above zee equator

Post by Dasbootz »

Hey guys! Almost a year later, we are in shock after being awed by the glamour of battle, so much for not getting the help of the UN or its supreme resolution(s)...*sighz*
"Say what you mean and mean what you say."
- General George S. Patton Jr