S/Boats ...E/Boats.

German Kriegsmarine 1935-1945.
behblc
Associate

S/Boats ...E/Boats.

Post by behblc »

I would be grateful if any members might be able to send me jpegs of bridge crews and bridge areas of S/Boats ...E/Boats.
Of particular interest would be optics used to aim torpedos and binoculars used by crew members.
Any help wuld be very much appreciated.
The few books I have don't seem to show these areas in any detail.
Thank you in advance.....any assistance would be much appreciated.
" Life , to be sure is nothing much to loose ; But young men think it is , and we were young . "
A.E. Housman.

" The old lie: Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori. " Wilfred Owen (M.C.).
Visje

Re: E-boats

Post by Visje »

Have you tried http://www.prinzeugen.com?

Regards,
Visje
behblc
Associate

Positive result.

Post by behblc »

Visje,
Thank you for the pointer....positive result , some partial answer to my question hopefully mail to site managers might take things a stage further.
Thanks once again.
Behblc
" Life , to be sure is nothing much to loose ; But young men think it is , and we were young . "
A.E. Housman.

" The old lie: Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori. " Wilfred Owen (M.C.).
lijn34

Post by lijn34 »

I myself have just put up a posting for more information about S/E-boats.
"Erich" also mentioned [/url]http://www.prinzeugen.com/[url] and there are pictures on it.

"Christoph" came with this comment :

"[b]S-Boote German E-boats in action 1939-1945[/b]" by Jean-Philippe Dallies-Labourdette, Histoire and collections publisher, HB 175 pages USD $34.99. Gives background information starting 1912 with progression from one model to the next. One area I was disappointed in was information on the Knights Cross Holders of this branch of the Kriegsmarine. However, if you need biographical information on them , try "Die Ritterkreuztrager der Uberwasserstreitkrafte der Kriegsmarine" by Manfred Dorr, Biblio Verlag publisher.. The best source of information for research on any particular persona.

I have not read this book, though I want to have it, but perhaps it might be a suggestion to you.

Greetings LIJN
[/url]
lijn34

Post by lijn34 »

Sorry, still just learning how to post decently