Looking fo 8.8 cm canon

WWII era German related items being sought, sold or traded.
KampfgruppeMeyer
Banned

Looking fo 8.8 cm canon

Post by KampfgruppeMeyer »

i want to buy a german 88. seriously. i am building a home and I want to have an 8.8 cm in my yard. i already have a lead filled us 105 and i am going to build a ww2 theme park at my new house in palm desert. i have 2 acres to build on. my pool will represent the rhine river.

if you have any ideas where i can buy disabled weapons that are in good shape, let me know thanks a lot
Meine Ehre Heisst Treue...
xavier
Contributor

Post by xavier »

goto http://www.milweb.net and once there look for artillery and search for grunewald in holland..

They have a couple...demil already, but you will have a very hard time finding the boogies (wheels, carriage..).

a couple years back I searched heaven and hell....no luck.

best regards
Xavier
"Assiduus usus uni rei deditus et ingenium et artem saepe vincit"

Constant practice devoted to one subject often outdues both intelligence and skill:
Cicero
KampfgruppeMeyer
Banned

didn't see an 88 but thanks
xavier
Contributor

xx

Post by xavier »

didn't search enough... :wink:

http://www.milweb.net/go/groenwoud/list.htm

also, if you post a "wanted" ad, more than 1 answer is warranteed.!

I got an offer for a pristine 100% complete piece, from finland for about 6000 usd, the onlybad part it is that was mounted on a pedestal, (fixed position) rather than a trunnion with axles... but a complete working searchlight was with the package.

Xavier
"Assiduus usus uni rei deditus et ingenium et artem saepe vincit"

Constant practice devoted to one subject often outdues both intelligence and skill:
Cicero
KampfgruppeMeyer
Banned

thanks xavier. actually i didn't want flak. i want the dreaded 8.8 cm at
Timo
Patron

Post by Timo »

No offense, but what we see in the picture is the "dreaded 88" used by the Germans against allied tanks. A FlaK gun. Which 88 do you mean, KGr.?
Former member
ratdog
Contributor

Post by ratdog »

It seems to me THAT would be the 88 I WOULD want in MY yard. The only difference between, as you say, the "dreaded" 88 and the "flak" 88 is the angle and object the barrel is pointed at while in use!!!!! (Other slight differences, we won't mention them here)
KampfgruppeMeyer
Banned

ratdog wrote:It seems to me THAT would be the 88 I WOULD want in MY yard. The only difference between, as you say, the "dreaded" 88 and the "flak" 88 is the angle and object the barrel is pointed at while in use!!!!! (Other slight differences, we won't mention them here)
PLEASE READ MY QUOTE. I SAID 88 ANTI TANK, NOT FLAK
ratdog
Contributor

Post by ratdog »

AND READ MY QUOTE, they are the same gun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (More or less). Read this, maybe you might understand better
http://www.wpafb.af.mil/museum/arm/arm26.htm
KampfgruppeMeyer
Banned

ratdog wrote:AND READ MY QUOTE, they are the same gun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (More or less). Read this, maybe you might understand better
http://www.wpafb.af.mil/museum/arm/arm26.htm
thanks rat dog, but they aren't the same. however, i appreciate your assistance.
Timo
Patron

Post by Timo »

KGM is right. I guess you mean the 8.8cm PaK43, which was basically a two wheeled version of the 88mm KwK 43 L71 tank gun used in the Königstiger.

The FlaK gun in the above photo evolved into the 88mm KwK 42 L56 tank gun used in the Tiger.

However, the "dreaded 88" feared by the allied was, as ratdog says, the 8.8cm FlaK gun used in an AT role in France 1940, the Lybian desert, etc.
Former member
Panzer Mooyman
Supporter

Post by Panzer Mooyman »

So KGM wants a pak 43? Be more specific next time if you request something. Most people think about the FLAK when the 88 is mentioned. Imo the dreaded 88 is the FLAK tilted horizontal, or am i the only one here??
KampfgruppeMeyer
Banned

Panzer Mooyman wrote:So KGM wants a pak 43? Be more specific next time if you request something. Most people think about the FLAK when the 88 is mentioned. Imo the dreaded 88 is the FLAK tilted horizontal, or am i the only one here??
i said "at". i thought that would suffice. . . the dreaded 88 was actually named by allied tankers. who dealt with at rounds from it.
Last edited by KampfgruppeMeyer on Wed Aug 20, 2003 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ratdog
Contributor

Post by ratdog »

Give it up guys, hard to tell someone something when thickness is involved. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
KampfgruppeMeyer
Banned

ratdog wrote:Give it up guys, hard to tell someone something when thickness is involved. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol i guess. but in all seriousness, doesn't "at" mean anti tank? if not, please correct me. wouldn't want to be called thick. unless of course it's said by a woman :D