N Afrika, Ägypten - Hilfe - Englische - Ich Danke Ihnen für

The Allies 1939-1945, and those fighting against Germany.

Moderator: John W. Howard

paulcheall

N Afrika, Ägypten - Hilfe - Englische - Ich Danke Ihnen für

Post by paulcheall »

Was I am writing to you because I need help with the search for Alfred Decker came from Bremen, he was a German prisoner of war in the 2nd World II During the 2nd World War I was my father who served in the British Army, stationed in Egypt. There was his job as guarding German prisoners of war. Now I try, his son, the families of Germans with whom my father had time to contact contact.

The following excerpt from the memoirs of my father tells a part of this story:

"... For a while, we had to thousands of German prisoners of war at the El Alamein -. in captivity came to guard They really looked very emaciated and were all in our age and wanted to contact us Two young German in my. group spoke very good English. Their names were John Smith and Alfred Meyer Decker, both came from Bremen, northern Germany. We were at war, but I could sympathize with the fact that when I was a prisoner of war, I would appreciate it if my guard would be nice to me. So my reaction to the two Germans were against you some goodies, examined as to have to get biscuits and chocolate. They were soldiers like us -. Wehrmacht no SS Finally, I wrote to your parents to inform I lived them about what your sons are doing well and happy that you were taken prisoner "

In the appendix I have a picture of Alfred. In the picture he is wearing a British uniform You can find more information about the war diary of my father and Alfred at: http://www.grimdetermination.co.uk/ # / find-freddy/4544670513

Thank you for your help

Yours sincerely,

Paul
Attachments
My father 1943
My father 1943
Me at Alexandria, Egypt, May 1943 XS.jpg (17.98 KiB) Viewed 3139 times
Alfred Decker
Alfred Decker
Alfred Decker 2.jpg (25.54 KiB) Viewed 3139 times
Trying to trace two German POW's whom my dad met in Egypt. They were Alfred Decker/Dekker and Helmut Beckermeyer. Dad’s WW2 memoir and pictures of Alfred are at http://www.grimdetermination.co.uk/#/ph ... 4537215873