10. Fallschirm.Jager-Division info wanted

German Luftwaffe 1935-1945.
ghost
Supporter

10. Fallschirm.Jager-Division info wanted

Post by ghost »

Hi

I am looking for information about 10. Fallschirm.Jager-Division .

I am interested in this unit in particular because the 14 Galician Waffen-SS div was ordered to surrender its’ weapons to the 10. Fallschirm.Jager-Division which in april 1945 was commanded by Oberst Karl-Heinz von Hofmann, and that ultimately the 14th div absorbed some 2500 men from this unit. Apart from this I know nothing. Any help greatly appreciated.

Best wishes

Mike Melnyk
Doktor Krollspell
Patron

Re: 10. Fallschirm.Jager-Division info wanted

Post by Doktor Krollspell »

Hello Mike!

The only note that I find of this incident is the following quote from Hans-Martin Stimpel's "Die deutsche Fallschirmtruppe 1942-1945: Einsätze auf Kriegsschauplätzen im Osten und Westen" (2001) that eventually connects the 10. FJD with the 14.Waffen-Grenadier-Division der SS (ukrainische Nr.1) in April 1945...
"Episoden von einem Waffendiebstahl in einer Grazer Waffen-SS-Kaserne und die Entwaffnung des Werkschutzes in Puch sowie die Requirierung von 500 Fahrräder in den Puch-Werken mag ein licht auf die Verhältnisse im April 1945 weren."
Stimpel (2001)

As the 14.Waffen-Grenadier-Division der SS (ukrainische Nr.1) was in the Steiermark area of Austria in April 1945 and Graz being the local capitol of Steiermark, I suppose that this short note could be relevant to your questioning. The german word "Waffendiebstahl" literary means "theft of weapons"...

Regards,

Krollspell
"Wie es eigentlich gewesen ist"
Leopold von Ranke (1795-1886)