Doctors vs Gunowners

A place for off-topic posts not related to this website. All messages are purged frequently.
pzrmeyer2

Doctors vs Gunowners

Post by pzrmeyer2 »

Doctors vs Gunowners

Doctors
(A) The number of physicians in theU.S. is

(B) Accidental deaths caused by Physicians

per year are

(C) Accidental deaths per physician

is

Statistics courtesy of U.S.Dept of

Health Human Services.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Now think about this:

Guns

(A) The number of gun owners in theU.S.

is

(Yes, that's 80 million)

(B) The number of accidental gun deaths

per year, all age groups,

is

(C) The number of accidental deaths

per gun owner

is

Statistics courtesy of FBI

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

So, statistically, doctors are approximately

9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Remember, 'Guns don't kill people, doctors do.'

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

FACT: NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN,
BUT

ALMOST EVERYONE HAS AT LEAST ONE DOCTOR.

Please alert your friends

to this
alarming threat.

We must ban doctors

before this gets completely out of hand!!!!!

Out of concern for the public at large,

I withheld the statistics on

lawyers

for fear the shock would cause

people to panic and seek medical attention!
Waleed Y. Majeed
Patron

Post by Waleed Y. Majeed »

Would you also have the statistics on:

How many deaths occur due to gunowners vs doctors deliberately killing their patients?

waleed
pzrmeyer2

Post by pzrmeyer2 »

Waleed Y. Majeed wrote:Would you also have the statistics on:

How many deaths occur due to gunowners vs doctors deliberately killing their patients?

waleed
not sure I understand the question. do gunowners have patients?
Annelie
Patron

Post by Annelie »

not sure I understand the question. do gunowners have patients?

I am sure some Doctors are also gun owners! :D which in turn
also have patients.
Annelie

Post by phylo_roadking »

Waleed, holders of legal firearms have a notable tendancy not to shoot people - as it's easy for law enforcement officers to track down permit-holders by weapon type, or in the UK firearms are tested at the start of ownership and their forensics recorded :wink: It's people with illegal or illegally-not notified weapons that tend more often to commit gun crime; after all, they're usually committing a serious crime and looking at jail time in most countries for just possessing such a weapon!
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds
Dragunov
Associate
Location: Ottawa, The True North Strong And Free (and rather cold)

Post by Dragunov »

and that also sort of proves that in many cases gun laws are rather redundant, the crimanals by definition don't obey the law and thus will get guns (or try) regardless of laws.
When Stalin says "Dance" a wise man dances.- Nikita Kruschev
lwd
Enthusiast

Post by lwd »

I saw a rather interesting article in the Detroit Free Press recently. (By the way it tends to be a very "liberal" newspaper). Michigan passed a right to carry law about 6 years ago. In the 6 years since its passage compaired to the 6 years prior to it's passage not only is violent crime down but deaths from fire arms are down (including suicides and accidental deaths). Further more gun ownership is up.
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

LWD - by Right To Carry...on what terms? Concealed/unconcealed?
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds
pzrmeyer2

Post by pzrmeyer2 »

lwd wrote:I saw a rather interesting article in the Detroit Free Press recently. (By the way it tends to be a very "liberal" newspaper). Michigan passed a right to carry law about 6 years ago. In the 6 years since its passage compaired to the 6 years prior to it's passage not only is violent crime down but deaths from fire arms are down (including suicides and accidental deaths). Further more gun ownership is up.
compare and contrast to areas that have strict gun laws. As Ive always maintained, more guns= less crime
lwd
Enthusiast

Post by lwd »

phylo_roadking wrote:LWD - by Right To Carry...on what terms? Concealed/unconcealed?
Concealed. In fact carrying conconcealed is can be considered "brandishing" and is illegal. (I'm still not convinced of the logic there but ....). The law also has a "must issue clause". IE unless there is a well defined reason not to issue the permit you get it. This was due to police chiefs in some areas stonewalling applicants.
lwd
Enthusiast

Post by lwd »

phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

said Woodhaven Police Chief Michael Martin, cochair of the legislative committee for the Michigan Association of Chiefs of Police. "There are problems with gun violence. But ... I think we can breathe a sigh of relief that what we anticipated didn't happen."
STILL won't put up his hands to calling the play wrong LOL
Christoph Awender
Patron

Post by Christoph Awender »

Wow that is for sure the most stupid comparison I have ever heard. Shows very much about the person posting it.
An offense to everyone working in the "health system". I hope you will never need a doctor to safe your life... No, wait not true... honestly I hope you will need a doctor to safe your life somewhen. Then you can tell him personally to piss off because you think that a gun in the hand of every human is more important than he is.
pzrmeyer2

Post by pzrmeyer2 »

Christoph Awender wrote:Wow that is for sure the most stupid comparison I have ever heard. Shows very much about the person posting it.
An offense to everyone working in the "health system". I hope you will never need a doctor to safe your life... No, wait not true... honestly I hope you will need a doctor to safe your life somewhen. Then you can tell him personally to piss off because you think that a gun in the hand of every human is more important than he is.
thanks for the personal attack. it was just a simple comparision, meant with some humor, to provoke thought and discussion. evidently that is lost upon you.
Christoph Awender
Patron

Post by Christoph Awender »

Thats correct.. when it comes to people with SS cheering nicknames like pzrmeyer etc.. spreading nothing but nonsense on military history forums and are for more guns in the world I totally lose my humour.