Site moderation

Questions, comments, suggestions, or problems.
phylo_roadking
Patron

Site moderation

Post by phylo_roadking »

All, given the events of the last week, its very clear a particular problem has raised its head again - Feldgrau needs as close to 24/7 moderation as is possible. Currently the entire moderation team is US-based, and not able to cover European timezones and GMT fully.

While the number of and availability of moderators is a core issue anyway, the situation at present pertaining on Feldgrau is not assisted by the simple fact that threads can and do get wildly out of shape before any Moderator is simply awake to look at them. Page after page of posts can be appended to threads before any chance of moderator input.
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

...as can be seen from today alone...
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds
sniper1shot

Post by sniper1shot »

Ahem....Canadian here :D and we are doing the best we can. We can't help it that certain members can not "police" themselves and get very "passionate" in their views when they write their replies.
Only he is lost who gives himself up as lost.
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

LOL "Canadian", the exception that proves the rule!
Jock
Associate

Post by Jock »

Hi all,

I just posted a similar minded answer to David's thread in die Soldatenheim, and I am ashamed to say I forgot to mention you, Phylo. You would be an ideal candidate for a mod, and would do a great job.

Something needs to be done.
Jock
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

Thank you for that vote of confidence, Jock, but I'm not sure we're in the right millennium for me to be raised on the Legion's shields!
Jock
Associate

Post by Jock »

Au contraire, Phylo,

I think now is the perfect time for people to be raised on standards. I do believe Feldgrau is in serious trouble.

si nihil temptes, raro cades. Otherwise, Feldgrau, we who are about to die, salute you.

PS - Where is your sig from? An Eastwood movie?
Jock
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

Nope! Something FAR better! ;-) One of the best and both consciously and unconsciously funny scripts I've come across in a movie for years. Not funny ha ha, but funny-dry wit.
michael kenny
Associate

Post by michael kenny »

A quote from 13th Warrior. A great Viking tale

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120657/

Just want to show how clever I am!
sniper1shot

Post by sniper1shot »

Michael;
Does your last post have anything to do with this thread?? or for Feldgrau in general??
michael kenny
Associate

Post by michael kenny »

sniper1shot wrote:Michael;
Does your last post have anything to do with this thread?? or for Feldgrau in general??
It is an answer to a question raised in a post one above it.
sniper1shot

Post by sniper1shot »

Thanks.
Paddy Keating

Post by Paddy Keating »

I approve of Phylo_Roadking's mindset where politics are concerned and might have agreed with Jock previously but having been on the receiving end of his methods recently - when someone gave him a position of 'power' on another website - I cannot endorse his self-proposal to moderate on this website.

(edited by the Commissar)

PK
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

LMAO! Your command of English isn't as good as you'd think, Paddy! That was a refusal up above, as the Mods know :D :D :D You set your stall out far too early.
Paddy Keating

Post by Paddy Keating »

Oh, I took it more as a gratuitous classical reference to being raised aloft on the shields of legionnaires or celtic warriors. However, silly me for imagining that you wanted to be a moderator here. After all, you are so busy with http://www.feldpost.tv that you couldn't possibly have the time for this website too. In any case, moderating here would be a bit of a step down for you, now that you are a co-administrator elsewhere. :D

PK