and now for something more cheery...

A place for off-topic posts not related to this website. All messages are purged frequently.
Dragunov
Associate
Location: Ottawa, The True North Strong And Free (and rather cold)

and now for something more cheery...

Post by Dragunov »

chekitout!

http://www.tali-ihantala.fi/

so what if you don't understand Finnish? 'Trailer' okay for you? well, click there and look at both of them...

12.7.07 ...i'm hyped!

Kippis!
Dragunov
When Stalin says "Dance" a wise man dances.- Nikita Kruschev
Magnus
Contributor

Post by Magnus »

When visiting the armor museum at Parola a couple of years ago we were told that some of the equipment wasn't on display because it was used in the making of this film. So the tanks seen in this film are the real deal 8)

I was planning on taking a day off from work on that day, so I might well go and see it. Independance day is on December 6:th, a thursday, and with the day off on friday means a four day weekend. :D
Dragunov
Associate
Location: Ottawa, The True North Strong And Free (and rather cold)

Post by Dragunov »

yeah, and they couldn't find a real FW-190 that someone would let them use, so they rented a repro. but real t-34s and Sturmis.

lucky, i have to wait for the DVD... and probably spend a pretty sum for shipping and crap. :? but it's probably worth it.
When Stalin says "Dance" a wise man dances.- Nikita Kruschev
sid guttridge
on "time out"

Post by sid guttridge »

Hi Guys,

I was in the military books section in Foyles (the self-styled "Biggest Bookshop in the World") a couple of weeks ago when I overheard a Brit and a Yank discussing a proposed film set in Finland in WWII. They were particularly interested in how to produce a scene in which Soviet tanks sink through too thin ice. So I guess there might be another film in the pipeline.

Cheers,

Sid.