A proper translation needed

Translation requests of German or other languages.

Moderator: John W. Howard

Laurens
Supporter

A proper translation needed

Post by Laurens »

I'm having difficulties with the following sentences. I know it has something to do with a raised river bank (=Ufer), but I cannot translate it properly. Is there anyone who can help me please?
Das jenseitige Ufer ist überhöht, und in den teilweise betonierten Uferböschungen des windungsreichen Abschnittes hat der Gegner zahlreiche flankierende MG-stellungen hart über dem Wasserspiegel – so nur schwer mit Beschuß zu erfassen – in die Wandungen gesprengt. Auch seine Feldartillerie streut lebhaft das östwartige Ufer ab, das streckenweise - wie 1914 - durch künstliche Versumpfung ungangbar gemacht ist und so zwangsläufig zu feuergefährdeten Konzentrierungen zwingt.
Thank you for your time,
Laurens
Sepp
Supporter

Post by Sepp »

>>The opposite river bank is higher, and at this bending and winding section of the river the enemy has blasted numerous flanking machine gun positions into the partially concrete-reinforced embankments just above the surface of the water so they can hardly be reached with artillery fire. He too is vividly shelling the east bank, which - like in 1914 - has been made partially impassable by artificial flooding and thus enforcing to concentrate in fire-endangered areas, with scattered fire (area fire).<<

Hope that helps,
Sepp
Laurens
Supporter

Post by Laurens »

Thank you for your assistance, Sepp.
Highly appreciated...

Laurens