Looking for a good book store in Philadephia PA.

Book discussion and reviews related to the German military.

Moderator: sniper1shot

zetazot

Looking for a good book store in Philadephia PA.

Post by zetazot »

Hey everybody, I just moved to the Philly area and was wondering if anyone knew of a good military history book store in the area. Normally I wouldn't ask here, but google has proven to be worthless for me.

Any suggestions?

Sean
Die Grenzlander

Post by Die Grenzlander »

I just realized my user name should be Der Grenzlander. @#%. You stop learning German for two years and you make idiot mistakes ... live and learn.

Anyway, to answer your question, I do not know of any bookstores in Philly that specialize in military history. The used bookstores, however, often have an eclectic variety. I have found that there is often a good selection of history books, and actually there is quite a bit on WWII and the Third Reich in general.

The one I typically go to -- and the largest of them all -- is The Book Trader on 2nd and Market. Down the street about a block or two, still on Market, is another, smaller used bookstore, with a more limited selection. Also, on Fairmount, across the street from the old jail, there is another used bookstore that maintains a history section that is slightly larger than The Book Trader's. I am kind of disappointed that I cannot remember the name of the latter two. They are both very good; I just prefer The Book Trader.