SA "Houses"?

German auxiliary organizations 1919-1945.
sid guttridge
on "time out"

SA "Houses"?

Post by sid guttridge »

I have read that the SA had special "houses". What was their official name and what purpose did they serve?

Many thanks,

Sid.
TheFerret
Supporter

Re: SA "Houses"?

Post by TheFerret »

sid guttridge wrote:I have read that the SA had special "houses". What was their official name and what purpose did they serve?

Many thanks,

Sid.
I did a Google Search on the subject and it came out blank. What exactly were these houses? Like places where members lived?
sid guttridge
on "time out"

Post by sid guttridge »

Hi Ferret,

I came across this in a description of the structure of the Sich Guard's organisation in Ruthenia in 1938-39.

The Sich Guard modelled much of its structure on the SA, which had had a hand in training some of its leaders in early 1938. Amongst the Sich Guard structures reportedly copied from the SA was this "house", the German name of which was supplied but which I was not in a position to write down at the time. It seems to have been a sort of comrades' meeting place where SA men assembled and were briefed before going out onto the streets and to which they afterwards retired. I imagine it had some sort of administrative function within the SA as well.

Cheers,

Sid.