305. Infanterie Division

German unit histories, lineages, OoBs, ToEs, commanders, fieldpost numbers, organization, etc.

Moderator: Tom Houlihan

Sergei

305. Infanterie Division

Post by Sergei »

Hi guys,
does anyone have any info on this division's fight in the Barrikady factory in Stalingrad? Specifically something on the massive Hall 4?
thanks,
Sergei
C.G.
Supporter

Post by C.G. »

In the last months of 1942 (Sept. through Dec.) 305. ID fought in:
Gnilo, Sadena, Arvilowsky, Katschalinsk, Bajbajew, Kisshoff, Wertjatschij, Solotoi Rog, Stalingrad, Alexandrewka, Goredischtsche, Spartakowka, Barikady.
Best regards
C.G.
Sergei

305. Infanterie Division

Post by Sergei »

Thanks C.G.

Since you know about all of these places, do you know anything specific about the fighting in the Barrikady settlements and the factory itself?
regards,
Sergei
C.G.
Supporter

Post by C.G. »

No, I am sorry, I just have a list of the places where the division fought. I hoped they could be helpful.
Best
C.G.
Sergei

305 Infanterie division

Post by Sergei »

Thanks,
Do you know of anyone who does have this division's combat history?
ericv
Enthusiast

Post by ericv »

I have got the divisions combat history. The one written bij Fr. Wilh. Hauck.

It is quite a good book with regard to the battles the division fought in Italy. and the battles it fought until september/oktober 1942.

However, a mere 4 pages (with no information relating to the 305th!!) deal with the battles in and around Stalingrad after 10-42.

I am not quite sure, but I suspect that the divisional records dealing with the actions between 10-42 and 1-43 in Stalingrad were destroyed.
Sergei

Post by Sergei »

Really? Only 4 pages! You are right, wither the records were destroyed or they haven't been found yet. 4 pages is just too bizarre! Thanks for your help though.
alain piquet

305 ID

Post by alain piquet »

[quote="ericv"]I have got the divisions combat history. The one written bij Fr. Wilh. Hauck.

It is quite a good book with regard to the battles the division fought in Italy. and the battles it fought until september/oktober 1942.

However, a mere 4 pages (with no information relating to the 305th!!) deal with the battles in and around Stalingrad after 10-42.

I am not quite sure, but I suspect that the divisional records dealing with the actions between 10-42 and 1-43 in Stalingrad were destroyed.[ /quote] i am looking for information on the 305 id between january 1944 and july
1944 i would like to know its superior formation i only have :jan-gruppe hauck;april-51 geb;july-57 pz(kgr),on the other side i have for may11:gruppe hauck with 305,334,114 jager!where is the truth? is your book an english or german book and what is its title? thank you very much!
alain piquet

305 ID

Post by alain piquet »

[quote="ericv"]I have got the divisions combat history. The one written bij Fr. Wilh. Hauck.

I am not quite sure, but I suspect that the divisional records dealing with the actions between 10-42 and 1-43 in Stalingrad were destroyed.[ /quote] i am looking for information on the 305 id between january 1944 and july
1944 i would like to know its superior formation i only have :jan-gruppe hauck;april-51 geb;july-57 pz(kgr),on the other side i have for may11:gruppe hauck with 305,334,114 jager!where is the truth? is your book an english or german book and what is its title? thank you very much!
ericv
Enthusiast

Post by ericv »

Alain,

It is in german,

I am not at home right now, but I will look into it this evening