Site moderation

Questions, comments, suggestions, or problems.
statemachine
Contributor

Post by statemachine »

Sid,in just a few short years after the war there were some very large failings on the part of England and France.I will agree that it is not for discussion here.
An unbreakable man
Commissar D, the Evil

Post by Commissar D, the Evil »

statemachine, I am very quickly beginning to respect your sense of propriety and your respect for Feldgrau. I truly wish that others would follow your example.

Very Best,
David
Death is lighter than a Feather, Duty is heavier than a Mountain....
sid guttridge
on "time out"

Post by sid guttridge »

Hi statemachine,

I wouldn't disagree, but then why bring it up in the first place?

It is not as if the failings of Britain and France after WWII were the subject of discussion here in the first place, is it?

Cheers,

Sid.
sid guttridge
on "time out"

Post by sid guttridge »

Hi C D the E,

It has always been the case on Feldgrau that "ANY attack against Jews or any other ethnic group is strictly off-limits and subjects the poster to immediate banning."

Thus such tendencies are instead sometimes exhibited in more indirect ways by insinuation, innuendo, differential focussing, etc., in order to give the perpertators plausible deniability.

This requires Moderators to have more sensitive antennae and makes their job much, much harder.

Cheers,

Sid.
pzrmeyer2

Post by pzrmeyer2 »

Moderators with such extreme views as Dave do not belong in the position of eliminating threads. We have seen that many of threads that consisted of nothing but personal, ad hominum aatacks by his protected friends against folks like me and Paddy have conveniently disappeared, taking all the evidence with them.

It is moderators like this, and members like the usual gang, who have cuased this forum's membership and stature to dwindle.

Aside from Tom & Sniper Dan, who always have displayed a sense of impartiality, restraint. and measured response, this site desperately needs more blanced moderation.

If we are to include European mods, I would strongly nominate Phylo and TPMM to the position. Troy Tempest, and John Moore (if he can free up a bit more time) would also be level-headed choices. But this out of control posturing has to stop.
pzrmeyer2

Post by pzrmeyer2 »

ANY attack against Jews or any other ethnic group is strictly off-limits and subjects the poster to immediate banning.

Aye, the Holocaust is off-limits. But racism is a problem that has to be dealt with severely.
How about the condoning, advocating, and defending terrorism and murder by moderators, as you have done in your passionate defense of the Red Armee Fraktion? Shouldn t the celebration of the murders of US soldiers, German policemen, and business men--all innocent people be subject to banishment too? where doesn the defense of murder rate as far as problems that should be dealt with severely?

Does "racism" rate a worse crime than murder when it comes to folks being "dealt with severely"?

Moderators????????????
Jock
Associate

Post by Jock »

sid guttridge wrote: Thus such tendencies are instead sometimes exhibited in more indirect ways by insinuation, innuendo, differential focussing, etc., in order to give the perpertators plausible deniability.
Hear hear.
Jock
sniper1shot

Post by sniper1shot »

AGAIN.................I understand the points we are trying to make but this FORUM is for the study and discussion of the German Armed Forces in Both World Wars.

We are now spitting Peas with how something can be said and again the "Usual Gang" comments.

As for what a Moderator does or does not do is not up for discussion.
If anyone has a concern PM the moderator in question and ask-POLITELY.

LOCKED.
Only he is lost who gives himself up as lost.