My thanks to America!

Fiction, movies, alternate history, humor, and other non-research topics related to WWII.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

Rodger Herbst
Associate

Post by Rodger Herbst »

THEN WHY DIDN'T THE FRENCH AND GERMANS BOMB THE BRIDGES
Same old crap,let the Yanks do it,then we'l sit back and complain how you could have done it better.Don't complain until you walk in the other guys
moccasins(old plains indians saying)
Herr Doktor
Contributor

Post by Herr Doktor »

greenhorn wrote:
Mmm I like "The Shield"...... but was shocked to find out US foreign policy was run by Vic Mackay's strike team.....
Heh heh :wink:

Instead of the "money train," the strike team went after the "WMD train" but came up empty. Oh well, too late to stop them now...

Will this Iraq mess ever end? Time to turn off the BBC news and turn on The Shield!

HD
Will
Supporter

Post by Will »

I'm really happy that this post is attracting more responses still, but to be quite honest at this juncture in time i feel it would be prudent to resist the temptation to point out americas flaws particularily as the american army is busy sacrificing thier young men in fallujah,

It seems that however much they are a convieniant butt for jokes, they are suffering heavy losses as they fight, and you can't fault thier courage or resolve :?

so wether right or wrong for oil or freedom, thier boys are dying (as are ours) so lets give the yanks a break and close this thread okay?
Will

"Where The German Soldier Sets Foot, There He Remains"
Adolf Hitler-27 September 1942
Stefan
Banned

Post by Stefan »

So whether right or wrong ... their boys are dying.
Please consider that getting killed alone is no virtue. Even the Einsatzgruppen suffered losses. So I prefer even Bushs flawed logic about what he believes to be right or wrong to the moral indifference that your comment could possibly imply (without any conscious intent on your part, I presume).
"Das Attentat muß erfolgen, Coute que Coute. Denn es kommt nicht mehr auf den praktischen Zweck an, sondern darauf, daß die deutsche Widerstandsbewegung vor der Welt und vor der Geschichte den entscheidenden Wurf gewagt hat."