Translation

Translation requests of German or other languages.

Moderator: John W. Howard

Robert Hurst
Supporter

Translation

Post by Robert Hurst »

Hi

I would be most grateful if anyone can help translate the following letter that I have received today from the Bundesarchiv, Koblenz.

The text is as follows:

In den Bestanden des Bundesarchivs konnte leider kein Foto von MG45/MG42 V ermittelt werden.

Fur Informationen zum Pzkw II Ausf F habe ich eine Kopie Ihrer Anfrage an die Abteilung Militararchiv weitergeleitet. Sollte dort geeignetes Material vorhanden sein, werden Sie gesondert Antwort erhalten.

Mit freunlichen Gruben Im Auftrag.

I look foward to any responses to the above.

Thanks in advance

Bob
Volker

Message of Bundesarchiv

Post by Volker »

My English will not be perfect but I hope you will understand:

Unfortunately, in the stocks (?) of the Federal Archive no photo of MG45/MG42 V could be discovered.

For information about the PzKw II Version F I I send a copy of your request to the department Military Archive. If there suited material is existent, you will receive a seperate answer.

Kind regards,

Gruben
(on behalf)
Erik k.
Supporter

Post by Erik k. »

Hello Robert,

Here is your translation:

In the files from the Bundesarchivs we could not find a photo of the MG45/MG42 V.

For the information about the Pzkw II type F i have send a copy of your question to the Abteilung Militararchiv (section militaryarchive). If there is an answer to your question they will send you a reply.

Good luck

Erik
"I love the smell of Napalm in the morning."
Erik k.
Supporter

translation 2

Post by Erik k. »

Robert
unlike the answer of volker, you must not send a copy yourself to the military section. They have don it for you.

Erik
"I love the smell of Napalm in the morning."
Peters66

English Translation...

Post by Peters66 »

In den Bestanden des Bundesarchivs konnte leider kein Foto von MG45/MG42 V ermittelt werden.

Fur Informationen zum Pzkw II Ausf F habe ich eine Kopie Ihrer Anfrage an die Abteilung Militararchiv weitergeleitet. Sollte dort geeignetes Material vorhanden sein, werden Sie gesondert Antwort erhalten.

Mit freunlichen Gruben Im Auftrag.

In the files of the Bundesarchive the existence of the photo of MG45/MG42 could not be established as per our investigation.

For information regarding the PzKw (Panzerkampfwagen) Ausf F, I sent on a copy of your request to the military archives department. Should suitable information become available, you will receive a reply at once.

With friendliest sincere greetings.