NARA's SS Enlisted Men's Records from frmr Berlin Doc. Cntr

German SS and Waffen-SS 1923-1945.
J. Buck

NARA's SS Enlisted Men's Records from frmr Berlin Doc. Cntr

Post by J. Buck »

Hello, Just received a letter in response to my request from National Archives and Records Administration in Washington that they found a 5 page file on SS Enlisted men's records in the former Berlin Document Center. Does anyone know what they might contain? He was in Waffen SS Das Reich, Kradshutzen, then Recon. Any assistance would be appreciated. John Buck
Mark C Yerger
Author & Moderator

Post by Mark C Yerger »

Records are minimal for EM/NCO, even if a high award winner. Can be anything from a no dta cover sheet, to drivers permit, or vacation/leave request. The few I've seen with good data are award winners. Occassionaly a 1 page handwritten bio is included if they put in a marriage application.

Mark
rayman

Post by rayman »

:?: Hey Mark,
What's the process for obtaining copies of documents from the archives? I'm from Australia, so its a bit far for me to pay them a visit. I have puchased a SS Wehrpass (3rd SS TK division), and I might do a bit of research on the guy. He awards include the close combat clasp (not sure what grade), so maybe there are some doc's relating to him.
THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Cheers,

Ray.
Mark C Yerger
Author & Moderator

Post by Mark C Yerger »

By major awards I menat Knight's Cross or German Cross. Data is on rolls of microfilm, they have a website. I believe last price was $34 per roll.

Best
Mark