New Kursk Book on Ponyri

Book discussion and reviews related to the German military.

Moderator: sniper1shot

Lexxx
Supporter

New Kursk Book on Ponyri

Post by Lexxx »

My dear friend, Marty Nevshemal, has written a new book on the vicious struggle for Ponyri Train Station in the northern shoulder of the Kursk battlefield. I visited Ponyri with Marty a couple of years ago. While there, Marty showed me some of the source material that he had gathered. Some of the aerial photos he had gathered to coordinate our trip were simply amazing. Although I have not yet seen the final copy of the book, I suspect many of them are in there.

Jason Mark's company, Leaping Horseman Books, is publishing the book.

The following is from Leaping Horseman Books' Facebook page:

Leaping Horseman Books is pleased to announce Objective Ponyri! - The Defeat of XXXXI. Panzerkorps at Ponyri Train Station by Martin Nevshemal. The date of publication is pending.

Objective Ponyri! is a day-by-day study of the unforgiving fighting on the northern shoulder of the Kursk salient during Operation Citadel within the axis of advance of XXXXI. Panzerkorps (9. Armee). This fighting culminated in a multi-day clash at Ponyri Station, a small rural village sitting astride the Orel – Kursk rail line. Besides detailed narrative that includes first-hand accounts covering the ferocious combat sourced from original German and select Russian records, it is stocked full of OKW maps, modern satellite images, diagrams, period photos and never before published aerial photos of the fighting. The book, which is 200 pages, is A4 landscape format which gives the ability to showcase full page layouts of the stunning aerial photos and maps and photos.

Please keep an eye on Leaping Horseman Books’ Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/leapinghorsemanbooks) and Leaping Horseman Books’ website (http://www.leapinghorseman.com.au/) for discussion about this exciting announcement and further updates on the date of availability.
krichter33
Enthusiast

Re: New Kursk Book on Ponyri

Post by krichter33 »

As with all Leaping Horseman Books I'll definitely buy this one!!! Especially as it's about the Northern Front not the South!
Klaus Richter
Jukka Juutinen
Supporter

Post by Jukka Juutinen »

I hope Leaping Horseman gets a European distributor (within EU) as Aussie postal rates are brutal + at least locally VAT is imposed on imports outside the EU leading to nearly doubled price for the book.
Harry64

Post by Harry64 »

Maybe Stackpole, they also offers the reprint from "The Death of the Leaping Horseman".