The Last Finnish War

Book discussion and reviews related to the German military.

Moderator: sniper1shot

Tom Houlihan
Patron

The Last Finnish War

Post by Tom Houlihan »

Well, the project is finally complete! I had a bit of a learning curve with this new operation, but I figured it out!

Now available: “The Last Finnish War”, by Waldemar Erfurth (Gen.d.Inf.), Edited by me. This publication is a reprint of two reports written under the auspices of the US Army after World War II, this book tells of Finland's experiences in WWII from the point of view of a German "brother in arms," as well as providing the perspective of a liaison officer from the German High Command to the Finnish High Command.

At the moment, it’s only available directly from https://www.createspace.com/4665809 but within the next week, it will be available Amazon US and Amazon Europe. It will be available for Kindle within 48 hours or so.

ISBN/EAN13: 0615969593 / 9780615969596
Page Count: 284
$19.99
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
Jukka Juutinen
Supporter

Re: The Last Finnish War

Post by Jukka Juutinen »

Tom, interestingly, a Finnish publisher is reprinting Erfurth's "Sotapäiväkirja vuodelta 1944" (War Diary from the Year 1944) this year.
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

Well, I wonder what the odds are of that happening???

I hope he jazzes it up some! It's not really long enough for its own book, if it's the same report!
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
Jukka Juutinen
Supporter

Post by Jukka Juutinen »

Tom, do not take the title too literally as I believe the Finnish book is not really a diary per se. I'll see whether a local library has the first Finnish edition so I can check what was the original title...