Kanister

German weapons, vehicles and equipment 1919-1945.

Moderator: sniper1shot

ARQUILLE

Kanister

Post by ARQUILLE »

Hello
I make an update of my website http://sdkfz7.free.fr on the section devoted to the jerrycans of the German army with a MNS/auo manufacturer page re-examined and some new photographs of kanister…
I thank you for your visit :wink:
Regards from France
Stephane
charlieboy
Supporter

Re: Kanister

Post by charlieboy »

hi arquille
very intersting site re the jerrycans, you have got some great pictures there of the production line.
looks to be a labour intensive operation, stamping, welding, spraying, painting etc'
what is of note though is the amount of women working in the factories, do you know what year these pictures,
were taken. could it be mid to late war? as you know most of the men were being called up to the armed forces,
hence this could be why this amount of women are being employed there.
best wishes
micky
charlieboy
Supporter

Post by charlieboy »

hi arquill
just been looking at your model making abilities very very good, love your diorama you have the patience of a saint.
all that detail on the factory building all scratch built, wonderful detail, and the corrugated roof very clever indeed. how long did it take you to complete?
best wishes
micky
Florin
Supporter

Post by Florin »

I have one marked "Zendrick" or "Zendrik" ( it is not on hand, and it is far away ) and also with "SS".
I asked myself what "Zendrick" / "Zendrik" meant. At least it is obvious it was issued for SS.