Training Facilities

German Luftwaffe 1935-1945.
Frau_Maus

Training Facilities

Post by Frau_Maus »

I am doing research on my boyfriend's grandfather. His name was Karl Wachinger and he was a sargeant (possibly higher rank, but sargeant is all we can confirm so far...) during 1930's and 1940's in Lufwaffe. I also know he was a trainer, training men to drive all sorts of vehicles (all except for tanks, I was told...) I would think there would have been a limited amount of such training facilities, but who knows. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to find out what they were (where located, etc.)? Thank you...
Alex Dekker
Associate

Re: Training Facilities

Post by Alex Dekker »

Did you contact the WASt Dienstelle in Berlin already? They can tell you, in the end, where he served. So, they will come up wich trainingfacility he worked.
Always in need for info about: Dutchmen in the NSKK, HJ and TeNo.
Frau_Maus

Post by Frau_Maus »

Would they have records of his service since he wasn't a casualty? I noticed in their description that they originally were records for people who were prisoners of war, casualties, etc. and to my knowledge neither happened to him.

Thank you.

Trish
lexiebabe wrote:Did you contact the WASt Dienstelle in Berlin already? They can tell you, in the end, where he served. So, they will come up wich trainingfacility he worked.
Alex Dekker
Associate

Post by Alex Dekker »

The WASt provided me almost anything about my grandfather: his divisions, were he did his training, his number of his Erkennungsmarke, etc. They keep the records of almost everybody who served in the German army.
Frau_Maus

Post by Frau_Maus »

Wow, that's impressive. Well, I shall try them and hope for the best. Thank you SO much! :)
Alex Dekker
Associate

Post by Alex Dekker »

Frau_Maus wrote:Wow, that's impressive. Well, I shall try them and hope for the best. Thank you SO much! :)
Welcome. Don't forget, it takes time before they got all you need, up to 8 or 9 months. But it's worth it, believe me.
Frau_Maus

Post by Frau_Maus »

Glad you warned me (about the long time frame) - I would have thought they had forgotten me! :) I shall be patient...

Trish
lexiebabe wrote:
Frau_Maus wrote:Wow, that's impressive. Well, I shall try them and hope for the best. Thank you SO much! :)
Welcome. Don't forget, it takes time before they got all you need, up to 8 or 9 months. But it's worth it, believe me.