ww2 Behind closed doors

General WWII era German military discussion that doesn't fit someplace more specific.
German Born
Supporter

ww2 Behind closed doors

Post by German Born »

SBS Australia is currently showing "WW2 Behind Closed Doors"
It is on Friday evening at 2030 hrs and it is definitely a "Must see"
Thank you again SBS Australia for bringing us another fine series. :D :D
Just another brick in the wall 1961-1989
Klaus_Arzt
Supporter

Re: ww2 Behind closed doors

Post by Klaus_Arzt »

Thanks German Born for the info, i'm looking forward to these series.
I've read the introduction to chapters on bbc website and i have to admit it looks quite comprehensive & promising, plus it has kind of new look at those events.
new project.. :[] ...we'll see what they came up with... :beer: .
cheers :wink:
  • Der Horizont rückt näher und alle sind Stars
John W. Howard

Post by John W. Howard »

It ran here in the States, and I enjoyed it. Most of the information contained in it I already knew, but there were a few things which really made it worth while. It uses some footage and interviews from a previous Brit documentary on the Eastern Front(War Of the Century??); those of you who watched the previous one will recognize the clips and interviews. I was delighted to see something which documented Soviet misdeeds for a change. One thing I noticed when it ran here in the States; some of the usual sponsors for our public TV stations and their programs were noticeably absent as sponsors for this program. Arthur Vining Davis was still there, but several of the more liberal foundations were not listed as sponsors; I guess they just cannot stand to see the truth about their Soviet heroes :wink: Best wishes.
John W. Howard
German Born
Supporter

Post by German Born »

John W. Howard wrote:It ran here in the States, and I enjoyed it. Most of the information contained in it I already knew, but there were a few things which really made it worth while. It uses some footage and interviews from a previous Brit documentary on the Eastern Front(War Of the Century??); those of you who watched the previous one will recognize the clips and interviews. I was delighted to see something which documented Soviet misdeeds for a change. One thing I noticed when it ran here in the States; some of the usual sponsors for our public TV stations and their programs were noticeably absent as sponsors for this program. Arthur Vining Davis was still there, but several of the more liberal foundations were not listed as sponsors; I guess they just cannot stand to see the truth about their Soviet heroes :wink: Best wishes.
I can only thank the Soviets for releasing such details as in the documentary and I can only hope that the editors have not been too harsh in the various countries it is shown.Some of the details were only made available as late as the early 90s.
The mix of re creating and actual footage blend is outstanding and award winning.G.B. :D
Klaus_Arzt wrote:Thanks German Born for the info, i'm looking forward to these series.
I've read the introduction to chapters on bbc website and i have to admit it looks quite comprehensive & promising, plus it has kind of new look at those events.
new project.. :[] ...we'll see what they came up with... :beer: .
cheers :wink:
Klaus the "New look" is more like the unknown coming to light....Cheers. G.B. :D
Just another brick in the wall 1961-1989