1:144th scale - NOT Dragon

Miniatures, board wargames and computer games related to WWII.
phylo_roadking
Patron

1:144th scale - NOT Dragon

Post by phylo_roadking »

All, can you possibly to direct me to ANY ranges of military vehicles and figures ANYWHERE in the world in 1:144th scale. Not Dragon - they definitely don't do what I need :( They can be plastic or white metal....and any ranges of figures would be a GREAT bonus!!!

I hate to think that the wire and Mulliput will have to come out again.... :( :( :(
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds
Jason Pipes
Patron

Post by Jason Pipes »

I happen to really like Dragon's line of 1/144. I have many of them on my book shelves. What exactly are you looking to find?
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

British armour and light infantry vehicles and softskins! Sadly not covered by Dragon :-(
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds
Spinechicken
Supporter

Post by Spinechicken »

I know it's not in the scale you wanted, but I picked up a couple of lovely 1/72 British armour models from Forces of Valour and Dragon - a Churchill VII and Sherman Firefly (a proper Firefly, not a late mark Sherman marketed as a Firefly) respectively. They might tide you over for the time being.

-SC
"An American officer asked me once 'How on earth do you kill a Tiger?', so I told him to go and shoot it up the arse."

-A soldier of the 51st (Highland) Division
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

Sc - unfortunately its the scale thats the bummer :( 1/144th to match N gauge, as opposed to 1/72 -1/76th to match OO gauge.
Kommandeur

Post by Kommandeur »

phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

K., thats brilliant! Found EXACTLY what I wanted! Even down to plain marching infantry! Its for a large N gauge railway layout to be...Eastgate to Walmington-On-Sea LOL! Southern Railway, lots of camps, vehicles in transit, training infantry in fields and on roads. AA guns at the two harbours, sentries at gates etc. and if my scratchbuilding is up to it, big Dover-style coastal guns and serving ammo trains.

And a mobile layout for exhibitions - small coastal port, fishing boats small coasters etc. .......and carriage trains heading away with Dunkirk returnees!

Thanks again!
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

K., didn't realise who I was looking at last night - Minifigs! My youth returns to haunt me LOL "Mythical Earth", "Dragons&Dungeons", "Valley of the Four Winds"......
Kommandeur

Post by Kommandeur »

I seem to have made your day! I'm very pleased to have been able to do so :D

DK