SS Postschutz & SS Funkshutz question:

German auxiliary organizations 1919-1945.
Joe AVENT
Supporter

SS Postschutz & SS Funkshutz question:

Post by Joe AVENT »

I've searched hi and low for the rank insignia of the above mentioned agencies. Any idea where they might exist whether in print form or internet.

Good hunting
Kaiser

Post by Kaiser »

You could try the book Badges and Insignia of the Thrid Reich by Brian L. Davies. It appears that before March 1942 when the services where incorporated into the Allgemeine-SS, the Postschutz and Funkschutz wore the rank insignia of the Goverment Administration Officials with the orange-red underlay of the Postal Administration Officials to their shoulder straps. After May 1942 I guess they wore regular SS-rank insignia. There was also a Postschutz Cuff-Title.
Pro traditio et patria (motto of my coat of arms)
Joe AVENT
Supporter

Thanks for the assist Kaiser, (another question):

Post by Joe AVENT »

Any idea what color of underlay that the Funkschutz wore before
incorporation into the A-SS? Could it be lemon yellow since it is used by der Heer as the color for Signal truppen?

I have the book that you mentioned and it depicts a Postschutz NCO with orange SS collar insignia, wearing one pip above one bar. His national (postal?) eagle is worn on the left sleeve.

Third Reich Factbook website lists the Postschutz ranks and indicates Oberfueher as the highest one. Is it safe to assume that this rank was added after incorporation with th A-SS?

Thanks for any assistance!
ironbar

postschutz insignia

Post by ironbar »

postschutz insignia illustrations can be found at uniforminsignia.net
Joe AVENT
Supporter

Thanks for your reply!!!

Post by Joe AVENT »

n/t
ironbar

Post by ironbar »

postschutz shoulder cords are illustrated in the book "IN THE SERVICE OF THE REICH" by JOHN R. ANGOLIA, pg 216 also check out this: http://www.relichunter.com/miscinsig.jpg