Axishistory problems

Related website information, updates, questions, links, etc.
Beppo Schmidt
Associate

Post by Beppo Schmidt »

I still can't log in. And Paddy or Prosper or whatever your name is, if you hate AHF and "Miss" Wendel so much, why are you even posting on a thread about it?
JoseFrancis

Post by JoseFrancis »

Darn, AHF is still down. :oops:
What a sad day for military history
Prosper Vandenbroucke
Enthusiast

Post by Prosper Vandenbroucke »

Christian Ankerstjerne wrote:No offense, but can't two people have the same name?
Hello Christian,
Of course, two people may have the same name, but ''Prosper '' is a very old french christian name and I think that on this forum I am alone to wear this name.
Jason can confirm that with is memberlist I think.

For Beppo Schmidt:
I am surely not hating AHF and I visit it every day, and I say it again, I never posted something into this topic. My only 2 posts in this topic is this one and a other post at 5:28pm
Thats all
Prosper
michael kenny
Associate

Post by michael kenny »

The confusion is that 'Paddy' was called 'Prosper' when he posted at AHF.
Some posters here know him better by his older name.
Imad
Contributor

Post by Imad »

I just tried about 4.00 p.m Eastern time. No success.
Imad
Cry 'havoc' and let slip... the dogs of war
WOLF1

Post by WOLF1 »

Still down 14:00 PST ...god hope it wasnt somthing I said...

Wolf1
Beppo Schmidt
Associate

Post by Beppo Schmidt »

For Beppo Schmidt:
I am surely not hating AHF and I visit it every day, and I say it again, I never posted something into this topic. My only 2 posts in this topic is this one and a other post at 5:28pm
Thats all
I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to Paddy Keating. Sorry for the confusion.

And i still can't get on AHF either.
Lorenz
Patron

Post by Lorenz »

1802 hrs Eastern daylight savings time (2202 or 2302 Zulu?) 8 July:

Still no luck accessing either of Marcus' sites.......I understand "through the grapevine" that it's a "domain" problem. Not being a systems analyst or engineer, I'm not sure what that's all about.

I hope Marcus can get them up and running soon. I feel adrift without his forum!

--Lorenz
Luftman129
Supporter

Post by Luftman129 »

2308 Zulu, still no success on my end. Hopefully, the bugs will be worked out by the end of this weekend.

Thanks,
Chris
Paul Lakowski
Supporter

Post by Paul Lakowski »

I don't know if I can survive the weekend without my AH fix :shock:
Fraulein Valkyrie

Post by Fraulein Valkyrie »

Vagabond—Never underestimate dogs. Especially their destructive power. Especially if they’re puppies. (This power is directly inversely proportional to a dog’s age, his size, and the size of his mouth.) :wink:

Paddy Keating—Never underestimate the loyalty of AHF members.

~FV
AAA
Contributor

Post by AAA »

I have to say that some of you guys apparent net addiction to AHF is somewhat frightening. Its summer for christssake, get out and get some sun, air and the enjoy wide green world (tho I reallize thats a North Eurocentric perspective)....

On the other hand, having AHF down is like the newsstand selling out of the favorite morning paper - dissapointing as hell, what must I read with the morning coffee now???
Marcus Wendel
Supporter

Post by Marcus Wendel »

Hello my friends!

As you've noticed, there have been major problems accessing the AHF forum since late on thursday, this is due to a problem with the domain (it does not direct vistors anywhere at the moment). I've been in contact with the domain provider and it has been resolved, but it will unfortunately take a few days before the changes have spread over the Internet and everyone can access the forum and site as usual again.

If you want to access the forum right away, you can set up the domain - ip relationship temporarily directly on your computer. Send me an email and I'll give you the details.

/Marcus
[email protected]
Paddy Keating

Post by Paddy Keating »

I haven't done anything to Marcus or his website. From what I gather, they carried out a server change without backing anything up. If that is the case, then it is a tragedy because of the wealth of information posted by members. Hopefully it will be fixed because I find it a useful research tool too. Being banned by Marcus for expressing some opinions he and his friends didn't want to hear about copyright in photos - and for other reasons, of course - makes no difference to that. I don't hate Marcus but I share the opinion of many that he and some of his politically correct moderators take their 'policing' of the AHF website to absurd extremes. I find some of the remarks in this thread funny and am merely exercising my right to say so...and my right to direct people who might not know Marcus Wendel & Co very well to some alternative sources of information about him so that they can form a more balanced view and decide if joining his website represents the risk some people allege it to be. I expect you're busily sending the webmaster of this website outraged PMs and e-mails demanding that he censor this thread and, better yet, ban me because that is your style. That is what makes you such faithful followers. If there were no internet, many of you would be members of the first sect that made you feel that you were part of something. As L Ron Hubbard once said, when he got sick of writing dime novels, "the only way to make money is to start a religion".

PK
Paddy Keating

Post by Paddy Keating »

Prosper Vandenbroucke wrote:
Christian Ankerstjerne wrote:No offense, but can't two people have the same name?
Hello Christian,
Of course, two people may have the same name, but ''Prosper '' is a very old french christian name and I think that on this forum I am alone to wear this name.
Jason can confirm that with is memberlist I think.

For Beppo Schmidt:
Thats all
Prosper
Prosper is really my first name but I use Paddy for various reasons. I used to use Prosper and some people still call me by that name.

Prosper