+Does Feldgrau Need a Heer Section?

Fiction, movies, alternate history, humor, and other non-research topics related to WWII.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

Laurent Daniel
Enthusiast

Re: Yes! to a Heer Section!

Post by Laurent Daniel »

Hi, Sepp,
Sepp Dietrich 555 wrote:I know this is not a company in the strict sense of the word, but I think is good to hear your users' suggestions because the idea is to keep them and bring more on board...isn't?
I fully agree with you, bit it seems that genuine user's suggestions are not really taken into consideration here.
How would you dream to get genuine user's suggestions taken into consideration in a forum where no one is able to prevent the neo-nazi denialist rant to be openly published and not deleted?
Oh, yes, a thread or two may be locked, but the rants are still there, exposed to public view, and building on the reputation of that forum.
Regards
Daniel Laurent
Sepp Dietrich 555

FREEDOM OF SPEECH

Post by Sepp Dietrich 555 »

How would you dream to get genuine user's suggestions taken into consideration in a forum where no one is able to prevent the neo-nazi denialist rant to be openly published and not deleted?
Oh, yes, a thread or two may be locked, but the rants are still there, exposed to public view, and building on the reputation of that forum
Daniel, I'm a new user and I don't read every single discussion going on, but so far I've not read any "denialist rant". Maybe you can cite or show me some examples.

Also, you have to take into consideration that this website is based in America and here we have Freedom of Speech, meaning you can say whatever you want -even if it’s crazy or outraging. That doesn’t mean that people -or for that matter the webmaster, moderators and users- are going to agree with you.

Instead of blocking, locking, censuring "neo-Nazis, holocaust deniers, etc" let them write whatever crazy thing comes up to their head and IGNORE THEM.

Look what happens in real life: Europe has a whole collection of "tough" laws against "holocaust deniers, neo-Nazis" and the presence of these groups and individuals is always increasing. You keep locking them up in jails and turning them into martyrs... are you achieving anything? Hmm nothing but giving them more and more supporters.

In America we have FREEDOM OF SPEECH and we also have to deal with people like the one you complain about. They can say whatever the heck they want...but does it mean that we agree or believe in what they say or that we support tem? Hmmm the answer is NO! You ignore them and go on with your business. They're renegades! Do you see a whole bunch of Americans denying the holocaust or praising "Der Fuhrer”? Again the answer is no.

Think about it!

Best,

Michael
Jason Pipes
Patron

Post by Jason Pipes »

Daniel, I suggest your change your tone here ASAP. Your comments are totally uncalled for in this or any other discussion. A question was asked, and I provided my response. I take all suggestions into account when people provide them. I will take this current suggestion under advisement.

Another suggestion, Feldgrau is going to require a lot more donations and/or subscriptions from users going forward to help keep this forum online. If we can't reach a certain number we will be forced to take the forum offline until such time that we can, or worse, remove it altogether.

Just an FYI.
M.H.
Patron

Post by M.H. »

Another suggestion, Feldgrau is going to require a lot more donations and/or subscriptions from users going forward to help keep this forum online. If we can't reach a certain number we will be forced to take the forum offline until such time that we can, or worse, remove it altogether.
Agreed!
Problem:
On many boards the number of members who actually pay is relatively small so they have to pay a lot.
That is actually also a reason why most people doesn't pay because they think they have to pay too much and not everybody has the means to do that.

Possible Resolution:
EVERY member pays a token sum like...say...1 Euro or 1 Dollar per month.
(How many member has Feldgrau actually?)
So the sum is very low and could be afforded by everyone.

What about this idea?
(How much money would be needed regularly btw.?)
Jason Pipes
Patron

Post by Jason Pipes »

I need at least $200 a month currently. That cost allows us unlimited server space, up to 256k of bandwidth usage per second measured as an average per month, a full featured unlimited php database, unix shell access, direct server support, custom reboots when problems occur, and all hosted on a dedicated server. I've been over the discussion here before regarding cost as some people simply don't understand how it could cost so much to host a site, but sadly that isn't open for discussion. I've been hosted on our current server for over 4 years and have become firmly entrenched on it, moving would be a nightmare in addition to the fact that what we are paying for is NOT expensive considering what we are getting. Trust me, I've done my homework.

That being said if we can get 20 people to donate $10 a month, or 40 people to donate $5 a month, or 100 people to donate $2 a month we would be in great shape. Right now we have about 5-6 people donating $10.
M.H.
Patron

Post by M.H. »

So...we need ca. 250 people paying 1 Euro/Dollar per month.
Sounds easy but people tend to get forgetful or lazy (me included) :oops:
What about putting a little sentence under the member's handle like "paying member" or so...

PS: How does one pay?
(I'm guilty of not supporting this board myself... :( :oops: )
Nordwest

Post by Nordwest »

M.H. wrote: PS: How does one pay?
(I'm guilty of not supporting this board myself... :( :oops: )
I thought about sending Jason original photographs, one ore another contemporary book or poster over to the USA, but I am very doubtful, such "material" will pass the german customs nowadays...?

I have more than enough of this stuff, could be another way to support the Feldgrau Forum, besides paying cash...

Who has any experiences, sending such "material" over to the USA?

Michael
Nordwest

Post by Nordwest »

At this time, I see no Neo-Nazis, not a single one so called "Denier" at Feldgrau...?

Am I leftblinded, am I rightblinded, I dont think so, as a german, I am very "sensitive" about this.

Maybe a little bit to much about S. Dietrich and his bunch, to my concern, but this is my very own opinion...

Michael
sid guttridge
on "time out"

Post by sid guttridge »

Hi Jason,

Sorry for the delay in replying. I have been on holiday.

The problem is that if one looks in the OOB section, it also contains a lot of Waffen-SS and some other stuff. It is not a Heer section.

The only reasonable arguments against the reintroducton of the Heer section are the logistical and financial ones you advance. I, for one, have never paid a penny to support Feldgrau and so cannot reasonably criticise your defence on these grounds.

However, on every other ground the lack of a dedicated Heer section seems indefensible and I would suggest it damages Feldgrau's credibility as a ballanced German military history site.

Cheers,

Sid.
Sepp Dietrich 555

Post by Sepp Dietrich 555 »

Maybe a little bit to much about S. Dietrich and his bunch, to my concern, but this is my very own opinion...

Michael

What's up with Sepp???????

Best,

Michael
Laurent Daniel
Enthusiast

Post by Laurent Daniel »

Regards
Daniel Laurent
Helmut Von Moltke

Post by Helmut Von Moltke »

hi Daniel, it depends on your interpertation of a neo nazi. In some ways people view them as racist freaks, wearing black trench coats and having blad heads. But, the people you labeled, Einsammer Wolf and Hanzar, are not such, otherwise they would have been banned by now. Tom has done a judgement on Hanzar, Hanzar is trying to defend the 13th Gerbings Division der SS 'Handschar' because of family reasons, his grandfather was in it, etc. Also Einsammer's post about Hitler's birthday is not apologist, etc, he is just pointing out a date and that he was anti Hitler, in the sense of the German generals, since Adolf did not care about the German soldiers and people. Einsammer is just a bit sympathetic to the German cause, not the war crimes and racism, it's not very bad, after all, sometimes people get sympathetic, for example the East Prussian evacuations from the Russians. And they are just standing up for what they believe in, and so far, they aren't posting anything repretitive or outrageos which might give the forum a bad name in my opinion. But please Daniel, don't take this as an insult, thanks. *bullet proof jacket worn* :D
Laurent Daniel
Enthusiast

Post by Laurent Daniel »

Hi Helmut,
Helmut Von Moltke wrote:Einsammer is just a bit sympathetic to the German cause,
http://www.feldgrau.net/phpBB2/viewtopi ... highlight=
Please read that.
A massive amount of exagerations, not to say lies, distorted facts, not to say lies, few quotes about a mysterious magic know-it-all scholar with no sources, plus some gross historical mistakes, amazing unfounded affirmations and all that in a provocative tone, trying to excuse the Nazis because they were helped by the French collaborationists...
And then ,waht hapenned?
Nothing.
Thread locked so that I can't reply and left exposed to the view of the members un-opposed forever.
Pathetic.
Regards
Daniel Laurent
Helmut Von Moltke

Post by Helmut Von Moltke »

well, well....... some guys do post junk, but that threaad was not trying to excuse atrocitities, etc. Of course he has real facts, like the punishment of German soldiers for rape, but he also says that "reparations are just", which of course, is the only negationist remarck I discover.
Laurent Daniel
Enthusiast

Post by Laurent Daniel »

Helmut Von Moltke wrote:well, well....... some guys do post junk, but that threaad was not trying to excuse atrocitities, etc. Of course he has real facts, like the punishment of German soldiers for rape, but he also says that "reparations are just", which of course, is the only negationist remarck I discover.
Which shows that you know strictly nothing about what was the real situation in France during the Nazi occupation, and are prepared to believe any sort of rants that are glorifying the gentle, peacefull and nice Nazis, sorry, Helmut.

It is clear that the situation in France during the Nazi occupation wasn't as deadly as it was, for example, in Poland and Russia, but it wasn't as mild as the quoted neo-nazi ranter is trying to make you believe.

Concerning the "real facts" the neo-nazi ranter is talking about, kindly note that, beside his mysterious magic unknown scholar, he strictly has NO sources to quote to substantiate his attempts.

Maybe, maybe, 2 or 3 Wehrmacht soldiers have been punished for some sort of abuses.

So what? My forefathers have been...
Oh, well, tomorrow.
I am tired tonight to try to put a bit of balance in that forum.
Where we cannot have a Heer section because, most probably, the wrongly named SS/Waffen-SS section will be so overwhelmingly more attended than the Heer section that, mmmhh, some conclusions may be reached.
Regards
Daniel Laurent