MP44 info

German weapons, vehicles and equipment 1919-1945.

Moderator: sniper1shot

lessthanjake

MP44 info

Post by lessthanjake »

Does anyone know how many MP44's (stg44) were produced by germany during world war 2. Also did the gun make very much of a difference in the war or was it produced to late to really matter.

thanks in advance
militaryhistorywriter
Supporter

Information On The Stg 44

Post by militaryhistorywriter »

Dear Sir,
There were 425,977 produced at a cost of 66 RM and it was produced to late to have any influence. It was to replace the bolt action rifle, light machinegun, and submachinegun and is the first true assault rifle. Some members of the German General Staff and Hitler loathed the idea of this weapon but Hitler liked the idea of a machinepistol. The weapon was then put into production but by then it was a little too late. You can go to the following web site for more information:

http://www.geocities.com/Augusta/8172/panzerfaust7.htm

May God Bless-Major Robert A. Lynn, USMCR
thatoneguy82

STG44 / MP44 / Does anyone have a blueprint for one

Post by thatoneguy82 »

I have just started looking for blueprints for an STG44 receiver or one of its predecessors because it seems like its about time to get a semi-auto only version out on the market for the masses. Does anyone know where I might find such information, or what the best books to buy would be?
militaryhistorywriter
Supporter

Post by militaryhistorywriter »

Dear Thatoneguy 82,
You might try the following web site:

http://www.firingpin.com/blueprints.htm

May God Bless-Major Robert A. Lynn, USMCR
thatoneguy82

good site but no stg's

Post by thatoneguy82 »

it's a great site you linked me too, but they didn't have an STG44 print in their inventory, but there are the beginings to lots of other potential porjects. Thanks for the link