Message for Prit Buttar

Fiction, movies, alternate history, humor, and other non-research topics related to WWII.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

Peter H.

Message for Prit Buttar

Post by Peter H. »

Hello Prit,

Not sure whether this is the right way to reach you, but can't really work out any other way.

A few months ago you posted photos and a report of your visit to the tank museum at Bovington. I've just returned from a three-week trip to the UK and, based on your post, I made sure I visited the tank museum. It was great. Your tips on how to get there and what to see were helpful.

Thanks again for giving me the idea. I wouldn't otherwise have known about the museum and would have missed a great "day out" from London.

Peter H.
Prit
Contributor

Hi Peter!

Post by Prit »

Glad you enjoyed it! My son (aka Hetzer) and I politely glanced at the WW1 and inter-war stuff before hurrying on to the 'real' exhibits.

Cheers

Prit
Peter H.

I didn't know!

Post by Peter H. »

I didn't know Hetzer was your son! I thought he was your friend or your brother. Judging by the photos you posted of your trip to Bovington, he looks about your age.

I did see the Hetzer at the museum, and thought of you two standing there.

Like you I didn't linger too long on the World War I part, other than to take a few notes for a friend who had specifically asked me to check that section of the museum. Another friend had asked me to bring back some models from the museum shop, but unfortunately there were only two in the scale that he wanted, and both were too recent (i.e. post-1945). Apart from that, the trip was a great success. It's amazing how many people were really interested when I told them about the museum. There's obviously a widespread interest in such things!

I enjoyed the train journey from Waterloo, as well. A chance to sit and stare out the window for two hours and do nothing.

Peter
Prit
Contributor

Re: I didn't know!

Post by Prit »

Peter H. wrote:I didn't know Hetzer was your son! I thought he was your friend or your brother. Judging by the photos you posted of your trip to Bovington, he looks about your age.
Hahaha!

Peter, that's made my whole week. I will chuckle at that for several days.

Cheers

Prit