MNZS: Fallschirm-Jäger

A place to post photographs and to ask about photographic research.

Moderator: sniper1shot

Kocjo
Enthusiast

MNZS: Fallschirm-Jäger

Post by Kocjo »

Probably SS-Fall.Jg.Btl. 600 in Ostfront 1945

htt[img]p://www.feldgrau.net/images/mnzs_6623_12.jpg[/img]

Probably SS-Fall.Jg.Btl. 600 during Oper. Panzerfaust in Budapest

SS-Fall.Jg. 600, Ostfront, Jan./Feb. 1945

SS-Fall.Jg.Btl. 500, Balkan-Front, Oper. Rösselsprung, Drvar

Normandy

Regards,
Kocjo
Slovenija gre naprej!
wombat
Supporter

Post by wombat »

the 16 picture from above with the flakvierling is taken in Rijswijk, Holland during, and these are not waffen ss fallsch. but members of the 1. or 2. fallcsch. regiment. Taken in 1944
wombat
Supporter

Post by wombat »

and the 17 to 19 picture are from Arnhem
Kocjo
Enthusiast

Post by Kocjo »

Thanks for the info!

Regards,
Kocjo
Slovenija gre naprej!
Wiking5th
Contributor

Fallschirm-Jäger

Post by Wiking5th »

Fantastic collection of photos that you have been graceous enough to share with us. I always look forward to your posts, but this one is the best. I hope you continue to share these with us. As a private collector, you have become an outstanding source for me. Many thanks. :D

Wiking5th
Óscar G

Post by Óscar G »

Thanks for the info, Wonbat. As for pics 17 to 19 supposed to have been taken at Arnhem, may I ask you what is the basis of your info?
Thanks in advance. Óscar
wombat
Supporter

Post by wombat »

I live about 30 km. from Arnhem and come there often. I saw the church in the background and a light begon to flicker.
I checked some books and after comparison of some pictures I came to the conclusion that it must be Arnhem. check out these three pictures for comparison. Watch the railing and compare it to kocjo's pictures
http://community.webshots.com/photo/781 ... 4987rIIoKs
http://community.webshots.com/photo/781 ... 5144PyceBn
http://community.webshots.com/photo/781 ... 5336HeHcvs
Hope this helps.
Óscar G

Post by Óscar G »

Hi, Wonbat:
I think you are right. The bridge, the church... are the main clues.
On the other hand, several FJs units fought around that area. So, it has logic: 3FJD saw some action in Arnhem, known as "Kampfgruppe Becker". Division Erdmann (later 7FJD) operated in this area too - formed from remnants of the 6FJD.
Fjs units in Holland at that stage of the war were "ad hoc" formations including Wehrmacht and Naval formations ( lacking parachute formation) in a clear attempt to refit them from the annihilation of Normandy. "Kampfgruppe Hermann" under the command of Oberstleutnant Hermann was formed from some remnants of the 5 FJD and was backed up by elements of the 6th Fallschirm-Artillery Regiment. Other formations were FJR6, I./FJR2 and "Kampfgruppe Jungwirth", another recently raised formation made up from 4 battalions of Fallschirmjäger Trainees (E. u A.) and a Grenadier Regiment. All these units were members of the "1st Parachute Armee".
Thanks. Óscar
wombat
Supporter

Post by wombat »

The pictures of kocjo are defintly taken before the battle of Anhem. The tiger is coming from the Elst area and you can see smoke clearly from the other side of the river. I guess they must be coming from the tank battle at Elst with, i think it was the Perth Regiment. Or not. But it's positively before the battle. Could this tiger be of the 9. ss ?
Guido van Beek

Arnhem bridge

Post by Guido van Beek »

Hi all,

First of all, great pics!!

Are you sure its Arnhem in pic 17 and 18?
IMHO Arnhem bridge has one Arch, in picture number 18 you see this bridge has two arches. Arnhem bridge has 14 poles on the side while this bridge has 10 poles on one arch.
(Pic 18 is in a book I have stating it is tigers retreating into germany 1945.)
Dont know for sure of course but this bridge seems to small to me to be Arnhem bridge.
I believe the only tiger I's in Arnhem were from Kampfgruppe Hummel , think they were a wehrmacht unit.The only pics I have seen of their tigers had the old style rubber roadwheels.

Guido

P.s. just checked with photos from Kampfgruppe Hummel tigers. Their turretnumbers are plain white or yellow. The one on the tiger in pic 17 is black or red outlined in white.
wombat
Supporter

Post by wombat »

then this is a mistery which bridge is..

de volgende keer als ik over John Frost brug rij zal ik eens kijken. Ik dacht dat de kerk en de hoogtes van Oosterbeek een goede aanleiding waren...
:D
Guido van Beek

Post by Guido van Beek »

:D De brug is niet meer dezelfde als in de oorlog, dus die is niet bruikbaar voor een vergelijking.

( The John Frost bridge is not the same as the one during the war, so the bridge itself ist'n a comparison)

Still. whatever bridge it is, they are sure cool pics!.
schnitzel

Post by schnitzel »

am i the only person who noticed that the ss-fall jg batt 600 photos around the t 34 feature someone with an mkb-42(h),this is the only combat photo of one that i have ever seen,are there any more?
Sturmtiger

Post by Sturmtiger »

Nice photos

The Tigers belonging all to sPzAbt.510.

Tigers on the bridge are crossing the river Venta with paras of 21.Luftwaffenfelddivision on bord.

Tiger pics made in late summer of 1944 around Akmene area.
Sturmtiger
Doktor Krollspell
Patron

Post by Doktor Krollspell »

Hello Kocjo!

My hat's off for this formidable series of Fallschirmjäher photographs which I have never seen before, amazing!

A question for Sturmtiger who wrote that
Tigers on the bridge are crossing the river Venta with paras of 21.Luftwaffenfelddivision on bord.

Did they really assign, or supply Fallschirmjägers to the Luftwaffe Felddivisionen? Or did the 21:st LFD use Fallschirmjäger equipment?

Regards,

Krollspell
"Wie es eigentlich gewesen ist"
Leopold von Ranke (1795-1886)