After a long time of absence... SS-Pz.Gr.Div. stuff

German unit histories, lineages, OoBs, ToEs, commanders, fieldpost numbers, organization, etc.

Moderator: Tom Houlihan

Piet Duits
Associate

After a long time of absence... SS-Pz.Gr.Div. stuff

Post by Piet Duits »

Hi all,

I've been away from the forum for quite some time now, taking a long break from research all together.
However, there's one thing (amongst many others) that made me reconsider the absence.

I am looking for something rather specific (what's new), being a Zustandsbericht/ Meldung/ report from an SS-Panzergrenadier-Regiment belonging to one of the SS-Panzergrenadier-Divisionen.
More specificly, a report from august-december 1944 is what I am looking for.
I have no idea if such a document still excists, including the set timeframe.

According to the attached document (which deals with the organization of the 17. SS-Pz.Gr.Div. as of 15.9.1944), each SS-Pz.Gr.Rgt. had an authorized strength of 90 Führer, 691 Unterführer, 2783 Mannschaften, of which 125 were Hilfswilligen.
No matter how hard I try to get these numbers correct by using the KStN including all possible changes, adding the special SS positions, I keep getting a difference.
So, hopefully someone has a Meldung of such a Regiment, and is willing to share it with me. With this, I hope to discover what I am doing wrong.

Thanks in advance,

(document source = BAMA RS 3-17/13)
Attachments
006.jpg
006.jpg (579.86 KiB) Viewed 2583 times
Nur für den Dienstgebrauch