Fallschirmjager Photos - Fake, Reprints or Real ??

A place to post photographs and to ask about photographic research.

Moderator: sniper1shot

xguardian

Re: Fallschirmjager Photos - Fake, Reprints or Real ??

Post by xguardian »

yea looks way to fake uni's look clean and the men are all clean shaven in winter battle .
zeigler

Post by zeigler »

As a reenactor myself its quite easy to spot this fakes. Just look at the way their holding their rifles in "NATO" style. Im 110 % sure its fakes. They could have just taken photos with a leica from the war and get this result. But their equipment, how they are holding the weapons and several other aspect makes it clear.
Reenacting Regiment 24 "Danmark" in the Swedish group FHF
http://www.reenactor.se
Gusbucket13

Post by Gusbucket13 »

I have seen photos from this series on eBay and dismissed them as fakes - splinter A knockensacks - never made, the brickwork looks just like the buildings in USA European training combat villages, the soldiers are too well fed, too clean and too casual, in fact I cant see anything 'right' about the photos.

There are many fakers of German WWII photos on eBay now, a few reputable dealers try to make everyone aware but eBay ignore them because the fakers word their descriptions very carefully. And eBay hide behind the letter of the law rather than the true intent to mislead.

GB13
B Hellqvist
Contributor

Post by B Hellqvist »

Gusbucket13 wrote:I have seen photos from this series on eBay and dismissed them as fakes - splinter A knockensacks - never made, the brickwork looks just like the buildings in USA European training combat villages, the soldiers are too well fed, too clean and too casual, in fact I cant see anything 'right' about the photos.

There are many fakers of German WWII photos on eBay now, a few reputable dealers try to make everyone aware but eBay ignore them because the fakers word their descriptions very carefully. And eBay hide behind the letter of the law rather than the true intent to mislead.

GB13
Yup. Got stung by a dealer, but she's going to take back the photos and give me a refund. I've got a few dodgy photos from some other dealers, but her stuff appears to be 100% modern copies (apart from some photo lots with mostly genuine photos and a few bad mixed in). She's quite crafty - sells new copies of photos after the previous auctions have "dropped off" the list.
Simon H
Associate

Post by Simon H »

They are still being sold as originals!

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Foto-Fallschirmj ... 2a14829b1b

Buyers beware!!
Simon Harrold

WW2 Battlefield Relics: German Erkennungsmarken decoded.
Christoph Awender
Patron

Post by Christoph Awender »

Hello,

I can confirm that these are reenactor photos. They were once posted in our reenactment section and I am at the moment searching for the thread. I think this needs action - find out who sold them as original in the first. And we should contact the ebay seller as well.

/Christoph
tupelodog

Post by tupelodog »

Their hands are too clean