WW2 sites inside Germany

General WWII era German military discussion that doesn't fit someplace more specific.
tracysrocket

WW2 sites inside Germany

Post by tracysrocket »

If I was to travel from Dusseldorf to Peenemuende, other than Berlin, what would be the best WW2 museums or locations to visit?
Member International V-2 Research Group
Richard Schoutissen
Associate

Re: WW2 sites inside Germany

Post by Richard Schoutissen »

tracysrocket wrote:If I was to travel from Dusseldorf to Peenemuende, other than Berlin, what would be the best WW2 museums or locations to visit?
You will pass some former concentration camps and lots of museums, have a look at the next url it's just the site for you !! http://www.ww2museums.com/country.asp?countryid=7

It's about 56 miles of-route but if you have the chance you could visit the Liberty Park at Overloon (the Netherlands, so feel free to visit me).
tracysrocket

Post by tracysrocket »

I have been to Overloon 3 times, it is awesome for sure. Thanks for the reply.
Member International V-2 Research Group
Richard Schoutissen
Associate

Post by Richard Schoutissen »

tracysrocket wrote:I have been to Overloon 3 times, it is awesome for sure. Thanks for the reply.
OK

On your travel route I would also recommend the:

- Panzermuseum Munster
- Concentration Camp Neuengamme
Paulus II
Patron

Post by Paulus II »

The Wewelsburg, near Paderborn, would be on your route too. Today it is a local museum annex youth hostel and next to nothing reminds any visitor of what it was in the Nazi-era...........apart from the magnificent castle itself of course :wink: .

Also more or less on your route is the Dora Mittelwerke near Nordhausen. Haven't been there myself but when Peenemünde is your endgoal I assume Dora would be of interest ot you due to its connection with the V-2.