Fallsch.Art.Rgt.2

German Luftwaffe 1935-1945.
sw_eno

Fallsch.Art.Rgt.2

Post by sw_eno »

Dear researchers,

I just incidentally got hold of the Soldbuch of my grandfather, who was an Oberjäger (Uffz) with the Fallschirmjägers. I already sent off a request for information to the the appropriate bodies, but that can take some time as most of you will know.

I would like to know on what fronts he fought.

He was part of the Fallsch.Art.Rgt.2 and received the "Nahkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe" on 24.08.1944 and the EK2 on 9.10.1944.

He was taken prisoner by the americans at some point, spent some time in Arkansas following that and was released on 3rd June 1946.

I would be equally gratefull for any specific history of his unit that would help me on.
John W. Howard

Re: Fallsch.Art.Rgt.2

Post by John W. Howard »

Hi SW:
The following link will give you some bare-bones info: http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/Gli ... /ARFJ2.htm The regiment was part of the 2nd Fallsch.Div. some of which fought in the fortress of Brest, some fought with the 91st Luft.L.Div. in Normandy. The division later fought around Arnhem in Sept. and the Reichswald. I hope this helps a little. Best wishes.
John W. Howard
Richard Schoutissen
Associate

Post by Richard Schoutissen »

sw_eno wrote:Dear researchers,

I just incidentally got hold of the Soldbuch of my grandfather, who was an Oberjäger (Uffz) with the Fallschirmjägers. I already sent off a request for information to the the appropriate bodies, but that can take some time as most of you will know.

I would like to know on what fronts he fought.

He was part of the Fallsch.Art.Rgt.2 and received the "Nahkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe" on 24.08.1944 and the EK2 on 9.10.1944.

He was taken prisoner by the americans at some point, spent some time in Arkansas following that and was released on 3rd June 1946.

I would be equally gratefull for any specific history of his unit that would help me on.
Do you perhaps have a "feldpostnummer" or more information regarding the "Batterie" he served? (There are still about 30 soldiers MIA from the Fallsch.Art.Rgt.2.)

Richard
sw_eno

Post by sw_eno »

Thanks John.

According to the Soldbuch it was the 2nd battery. I dont think I can find any Feldpostnummer in there, can I? Ill ask my grandma next time if she still has some correspondence.

All I know is he spent some time at a battery in Bergen, Norway and was captured in some town in the Normandy, Caen or Cherbourg, but my memory might betray me on this one.

Oh and I think it was actually the "Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe", seeing no "Nahkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe" exists. Hard to read that old writing :wink:

Hopefully the WaST answers soon, sent my request off a good 10 months ago.
Richard Schoutissen
Associate

Post by Richard Schoutissen »

sw_eno wrote:Thanks John.

According to the Soldbuch it was the 2nd battery. I dont think I can find any Feldpostnummer in there, can I? Ill ask my grandma next time if she still has some correspondence.

All I know is he spent some time at a battery in Bergen, Norway and was captured in some town in the Normandy, Caen or Cherbourg, but my memory might betray me on this one.

Oh and I think it was actually the "Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe", seeing no "Nahkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe" exists. Hard to read that old writing :wink:

Hopefully the WaST answers soon, sent my request off a good 10 months ago.
10 months ago . . . there should be an answer soon I guess. I think it would be Feldpostnummmer 62773 C and/or 42198.

I would recommend the book "Der Weg der 2. Fallschirmjäger-Division" from Willi Kammann.

Richard
H BABERT

Post by H BABERT »

Hello sw-eno,
did you receive my mail? as i have no answer...i doubt...
i explain you your grandfather was in brest with Hptm SIMA.
He fought in the East part of brest, untill the last ammunition.

regards
Herlé