BCS Declares Germany Winner of WWII

Fiction, movies, alternate history, humor, and other non-research topics related to WWII.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

Nate
Supporter

BCS Declares Germany Winner of WWII

Post by Nate »

For those from the U.S., you should get a kick out of this, if you haven't already seen it.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/8918 ... rld-war-ii

US Ranked 4th

After determining the Big-12 championship game participants the BCS computers were put to work on other major contests and today the BCS declared Germany to be the winner of World War II.

"Germany put together an incredible number of victories beginning with the annexation of Austria and the Sudetenland and continuing on into conference play with defeats of Poland, France, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Belgium and the Netherlands. Their only losses came against the US and Russia; however considering their entire body of work--including an incredibly tough Strength of Schedule--our computers deemed them worthy of the #1 ranking."

Questioned about the #4 ranking of the United States the BCS commissioner stated "The US only had two major victories--Japan and Germany. The computer models, unlike humans, aren't influenced by head-to-head contests--they consider each contest to be only a single, equally-weighted event."

German Chancellor Adolph Hiter said "Yes, we lost to the US; but we defeated #2 ranked France in only 6 weeks." Herr Hitler has been criticized for seeking dramatic victories to earn 'style points' to enhance Germany's rankings. Hitler protested "Our contest with Poland was in doubt until the final day and the conditions in Norway were incredibly challenging and demanded the application of additional forces."

The French ranking has also come under scrutiny. The BCS commented " France had a single loss against Germany and following a preseason #1 ranking they only fell to #2."

Japan was ranked #3 with victories including Manchuria, Borneo and the Philippines.
Verloren ist nur, wer sich selbst aufgibt !!
pzrmeyer2

Re: BCS Declares Germany Winner of WWII

Post by pzrmeyer2 »

Now that's funny!

Btw where does notre dame rank?
jerijerod
Supporter

Post by jerijerod »

Surely Britain should rank fairly highly as well. I mean we did beat the Germans in the skies over Kent and also were heavilly involved in beating Germany and Italy on the western and southern fronts as well as annexing Iceland and we beat the French navy anchored in port and in North Africa... lol :D
"War ist die Royal Air force???"

"Evacuate? In our moment of triumph? I think you over estimate their chances!"
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

jerijerod wrote:...and we beat the French navy anchored in port and in North Africa...
Aye, but wouldn't that count against?
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
statemachine
Contributor

Post by statemachine »

France #2.Lost for words.Certainly any Soviets would not be impressed.
An unbreakable man
pzrmeyer2

Post by pzrmeyer2 »

France only had one loss, at home, and against a ranked opponent at that. . Britain? they gave the Germans "Bulletin Board material" by declaring war after Poland, got routed in the "Dunkirk Bowl", smoked on the road in Singapore against a highly ranked opponent, and then scored a few cheap victories late in the season with a lot of help. Sorry fellas, the UK goes 3-and-out.
Nate
Supporter

Post by Nate »

I hopes folks would get a kick out of this! :D With all the BCS controversy it really showed how ate up the system is..

Good stuff!!
Verloren ist nur, wer sich selbst aufgibt !!
statemachine
Contributor

Post by statemachine »

pzrmeyer2 wrote:France only had one loss, at home, and against a ranked opponent at that. . Britain? they gave the Germans "Bulletin Board material" by declaring war after Poland, got routed in the "Dunkirk Bowl", smoked on the road in Singapore against a highly ranked opponent, and then scored a few cheap victories late in the season with a lot of help. Sorry fellas, the UK goes 3-and-out.
You forgot about Africa,pzrmeyer2.The Brits whupped the Germans there.
An unbreakable man
pzrmeyer2

Post by pzrmeyer2 »

You forgot about Africa,pzrmeyer2.The Brits whupped the Germans there

well...that was kind of a non-conference game against a JV type team. The Germans didnt even bring their marching band.

and as far as the Russkies go, they had an early season defeat to lowly Finland, got smacked around by the Germans on their home turf, and only much later did they pull together a string of blowout victories, mostly against very weak Div 1-AA opponents.

Im not opposed to casting my #2 vote to Japan though.....
statemachine
Contributor

Post by statemachine »

Hmmm..Americans looked good versus the Japanese.They got stomped on by the Afrika Korps in the early going...
An unbreakable man
jerijerod
Supporter

Post by jerijerod »

I would have said the French Navy affair was more of a Friendly win by the UK and we'd been itching for a rematch since Trafalgar.

I'd also argue that Dunkirk was more of a no score draw... afterall we retreated but we weren't defeated lol :D :D

Yeah Singapore wasn't a good one but what about Burma? Surely the British army score somepoints against the Japanese, their armies were turned back and My granddad said that at one point they cut of and obliterated an army.

I'm not usually one to call for the mother country but comeon... we have to come higher than France :wink:

statemachine
Contributor

Post by statemachine »

Higher than France,no doubt,jerijerod.Dunkirk a draw?Winnie was keeping score on that one. :D
An unbreakable man
jerijerod
Supporter

Post by jerijerod »

This is true. It was an outstanding British manouver in the face of Axis aggression and is refered to the miracle of Dunkirk... stopped another Yorktown (1781) debacle reoccuring! The Germans failed in their objective to illiminate the British army as a fighting force so I guess we did win :wink:

Paddy Keating

Post by Paddy Keating »

statemachine wrote:France #2.Lost for words.Certainly any Soviets would not be impressed.
The Bolsheviks were bailed out by the Capitalists for some reason...
John W. Howard

Post by John W. Howard »

Hello Gents:
I have it on good authority the Brits were knocked downward in the ratings due to a cheating scandal; it turns out that they were listening in on German play-calling throughout the contest. A very bad show indeed and not very sporting :wink:
John W. Howard