Partisanenbekaempfungs-Staffel

German Luftwaffe 1935-1945.
Abicht

Partisanenbekaempfungs-Staffel

Post by Abicht »

I am looking for as much data on the first anti-partisan squadron established on 11 March 1942. I know it was based at Bobruisk, reported to the VIII Air Corps, participated in Operation "Munich" (effort to clear the Yelnya-Dorogobuzh area of partisans) and included at least 4 JU-88s.

An OB would be great, including any dedicated photoreconnissance aircraft attached to it. I ask because of a report by the 221st Sich Div asking for aerial reconnissance- I fully understand this may not mean photo reconnissance but rather more observation/scouting.

How many of these units existed and is there any publications/books written on them?

Thanks-
M.Abicht
Abicht

Re: Partisanenbekaempfungs-Staffel

Post by Abicht »

OK...so nobody on any site seems to know anything about this unit. Lost to history and time I guess.
M.Abicht
kristian71denmark

Post by kristian71denmark »

Hi
Just linked up today and saw your post.

Might have something on the topic, not sure.

Some 25 years ago I was handed photoalbums, Urkunden, medals etc. by a friend and former pilot in KG 51 Edelweiss, LT Franke.
He flew from 1938 until 1942, almost every type of plane, mostly HE 111 and JU 88
He passed away in 1993.

One of his photoalbums is called " Partizaneneinsatz dez. 41 - Aug. 42" and contains some 50 pictures.
The first page is a map of the area north of Brobuisk and is signed: "Kessel kampgebiet - Als "FLIVO" im Stab Gruppe Major Kopf."
There is mention of Waldlager Peresopmia, Russenbataljon, Beresina and pictures of "Verhör Von Partisanen" ( they were later executed, he told med - made him sad ), pictures of his quarters in Brobuisk - I stil keep the officers cap he is wearing in the picture - and pictures of his Bü Aufklärer and maintenance of a JU 88.

There are entries in his Flugbuch and his Wehrpas too.
Is this what you are looking for?

Kg51 is welldocumented ( Häberlehn - big Ace and writer of a book about Kg51 ) is also in a picture, but not much is said about this Einsatz, not even i Häberlehns book...

Sincerely
Kristian
Abicht

Post by Abicht »

Kristian-

This is wonderful in the regards of historical content, and personally very exciting for me :!: . There is little data on air units assigned to conduct air recon/support during partisan warfare, and in the book I am writing on German aerial photo reconniassance I am devoting a section to the use of air photos in partisan warfare. I would very much like to get photo copies or scans of the photos, maps, documents if you are willing. I would of course agree to credit you for this material, and also not post it online, sell it or use it in any other manner but research for the book. I hope you would agree, or willing to discuss this further.

Please PM me.

Matt Abicht
M.Abicht
kristian71denmark

Post by kristian71denmark »

Sure, lets talk...
My private E-mail [email protected]

Cheers
Kristian