PC fudge excuse over drowned boy

A place for off-topic posts not related to this website. All messages are purged frequently.
Andy H
Associate

PC fudge excuse over drowned boy

Post by Andy H »

In Britain we have PCSO to augment the regular Police.

A 10 year old boy jumped into a pond to save his 8yr sister who had fallen in. He kept his sister afloat whilst two anglers came over and helped get her out. As she was pulled to safety the 10yr old slipped under the water. Two PSCO's arrived on the scene and didn't jump in because they WERENT TRAINED. They radioed for regular fficers to attend who ARE TRAINED. The regular officers arrived within 5 minutes.

The boy was pulled from the water but they were unable to save him.

The bloody PC reaction by the Police to the parents natural reaction as to why the PCSO's didn't jump in is indicative of this bloody country. Shame on them.

Full story here:-
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manc ... 006412.stm
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

And so as I patrol in the valley of the shadow of the tricolour I must fear evil, For I am but mortal and mortals can only die
Paddy Keating

Post by Paddy Keating »

Well, we're just going to have to fence off or drain all rivers and ponds in Britain to prevent policemen from suffering this kind of trauma in the future, aren't we?

After all, they are not trained to save members of the public. It's not their job. Their job is collecting stealth taxes on behalf of the government from drivers and bikers who look solvent or gullible enough to pay up.

As for Police Community Service Officers, their job is restricted to wandering about, humming the signature tune from Dixon of Dock Green or The Bill, showing The Public that there is a Police Presence on the streets.

However, as many PCSOs would collapse and die from strokes if they had to run for a bus let alone after some crack-fuelled hoodie who just clobbered an octagenarian war veteran for his pension, they are restricted to standing about looking like policemen...because most of the real policemen are either in the cop shop filling out endless forms or out on road junctions collecting revenue in the form of traffic fines.

PK
Wolery
Supporter

Post by Wolery »

That's a terrible story, Andy. Are people usually not trained to swim in the UK, or was this more a liability issue, as in the PCSOs didn't want to get into legal trouble by trying and failing to save the boy?

Something needs to change in this picture, and cahnge right now. Poor kid, he paid the price for being a hero, and it was totally unessessary.
Paddy Keating

Post by Paddy Keating »

Well, he saved the girl. And then he died. While some uniformed, paid police people stood around shifting responsibility. Hey...it ain't just Britain! Welcome to the EUSSR.

Yours not a little cynically...

PK
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

As a parent, and as a law enforcement officer meself, I'm ashamed.

I'm not a great swimmer, but I can't imagine anyone not jumping in to save a child. How can anyone be so callous and unfeeling as to stand there and let a child die?

I'll support someone who makes an honest mistake, but those two should be drawn and quartered.
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
Commissar D, the Evil

Post by Commissar D, the Evil »

As a non-swimmer, I have to sympathize with the officers. One drowned is one too many. Adding to the numbers of dead non-swimmers is a sad, sad tale and I cannot bring myself to blame them. I wish that they were better trained, but, I know myself how helpless they must have felt.

Best,
David
Death is lighter than a Feather, Duty is heavier than a Mountain....
Paddy Keating

Post by Paddy Keating »

It really is stretching credibility to ask people to believe that both of these pretend cops - http://www.london.gov.uk/view_press_rel ... aseid=9387 - were non-swimmers.

This is the sort of thing that happens when standards are lowered. Check this webpage out for an example of the sort of educationally sub-normal individuals who apply: http://www.london.gov.uk/londoner/06may ... p?nav=safe.

They should stop recruiting from the dregs and the leftovers and recruit former soldiers. There is no shortage of former servicemen - and woman - who could do this job efficiently.

Of course, PC government wouldn't allow that because the average ex-soldier wouldn't just listen to locals complaining about crime and anti-social behaviour by local delinquents. He'd go and give the culprits the kicking they need.

And he'd be able to save kids who had fallen into rivers or ponds. At least, he would have a go at it. One of the problems with Western society today is this endless pandering to the sub-normal and inferior and the relentless lowering of standards.

There would be more ex-servicemen in the Police proper in the UK were it not for rules prohibiting recruits with tattoos that would be visible when wearing shirtsleeve order in warm weather. I kid you not! If you're an ex-sailor or soldier with an anchor or a regimental badge on your forearm, you won't be accepted as a policeman.

It is felt that tattooed officers on the beat would "send the wrong sort of message to the community at large". Recruiting spotty eighteen year old college rejects with bags of attitude but no balls and bag-arsed, pig-faced females with grudges to hold middleclass motorists up for money sends the "right message", does it?

PK
Cott Tiger
Associate

Post by Cott Tiger »

Commissar D, the Evil wrote:As a non-swimmer, I have to sympathize with the officers. One drowned is one too many. Adding to the numbers of dead non-swimmers is a sad, sad tale and I cannot bring myself to blame them. I wish that they were better trained, but, I know myself how helpless they must have felt.

Best,
David
David, to my knowledge it has not been stated that these Officers couldn’t swim, only that they had “correctly followed procedure” by not entering the water as they were “untrained in water rescue”.

Anyway, surely it should be a standard entry requirement. Not only do they not have to swim, but also there are no fitness requirements at all for these PCSO’s. How can you protect the public if you can’t swim or run.

These plastic, pretend coppers are an absolute joke, and this was a disaster waiting to happen. There are hundreds of them in Hull and the East Riding, and they seem to be largely made up of fat 18 year-old girls.

Regards,

Andre
Up The Tigers!
Cott Tiger
Associate

Post by Cott Tiger »

Paddy Keating wrote:Well, we're just going to have to fence off or drain all rivers and ponds in Britain to prevent policemen from suffering this kind of trauma in the future, aren't we?

After all, they are not trained to save members of the public. It's not their job. Their job is collecting stealth taxes on behalf of the government from drivers and bikers who look solvent or gullible enough to pay up.

As for Police Community Service Officers, their job is restricted to wandering about, humming the signature tune from Dixon of Dock Green or The Bill, showing The Public that there is a Police Presence on the streets.

However, as many PCSOs would collapse and die from strokes if they had to run for a bus let alone after some crack-fuelled hoodie who just clobbered an octagenarian war veteran for his pension, they are restricted to standing about looking like policemen...because most of the real policemen are either in the cop shop filling out endless forms or out on road junctions collecting revenue in the form of traffic fines.

PK
Spot on Paddy.

These PCSO's do not even have the power of arrest. However they are allowed to issue Fixed Penalty Notices to motorists. Telling indeed.

Regards,

Andre
Up The Tigers!
Reb
Patron

Post by Reb »

Sadly, I'm reminded of those yellow bellied swine at Columbine who stood around in their swat costumes "minimizing police casualties" while kids were shot down. (quote from a senior police official on site)

I don't think the cops in my neck of the woods are like that but none the less - I prefer to defend myself and my family rather than wait on folks who work for the govt - and are bound by ridiculous rules.

Don't know how true it it but I've heard there were actually some men at columbine in uniform and were horrified by what happened - and several committed suicide when they realized that obeying pc orders had killed those kids...

cheers
Reb
Waleed Y. Majeed
Patron

Post by Waleed Y. Majeed »

Now, now. now ...!

To simply apply any kind of guilt to any one per...policeman, we should first of all have to have
ALL knowlegde of ALL events in this case!

What makes IT PC or not in the first place!?
The up-holders of law could not (or would not) swim!!!
So what! My mum is scared of water! Would she save ME from drowning if the case occured?
Would I dive in for someone elses kid, knowing I might drown (not a great swimmmer myself)!?
I would probably think too long, (2-3 possibly 4 times) before making a choice. Who knows...!?

The question should be: How far are YOU as a human being willing to go?
Who would YOU as a... let's say fellow poster, be willling to help...!?
- And how far would YOU be willling to go for MONEY (after all it is "just" a job!)..?

Where do WE as the "public" get our standards from - and how are those
who WE as the voters put in power, able to make desicions of their own?

Too many questions to be answered and as many to be asked if answered... 8)

Jesus C All Mighty and Allah as well..! Should keep off the wine!
(PC as we speak) :beer: :beer: :beer: 8D
Can't shut up when I should! :D

waleed

ps. All I wanted to say is: How are we to judge?
First judge oneself, then...!

pps. Any complaint... please pm me and keep the thread sober :D :D :D
Commissar D, the Evil

Post by Commissar D, the Evil »

David, to my knowledge it has not been stated that these Officers couldn’t swim, only that they had “correctly followed procedure” by not entering the water as they were “untrained in water rescue”.

Anyway, surely it should be a standard entry requirement. Not only do they not have to swim, but also there are no fitness requirements at all for these PCSO’s. How can you protect the public if you can’t swim or run.

These plastic, pretend coppers are an absolute joke, and this was a disaster waiting to happen. There are hundreds of them in Hull and the East Riding, and they seem to be largely made up of fat 18 year-old girls.

Regards,

Andre
Um, Cott Tiger, I'm afraid that I am totally uninformed about the qualifications of English policemen. All I know is that, in N.Y.C., swimming is not a requirement. My apologies for mis-reading the situation. And, again, I am a non-swimmer and have no great love of deep water.

Very Best,
David
Death is lighter than a Feather, Duty is heavier than a Mountain....
Andy H
Associate

Post by Andy H »

The Governments Police Minister has defended the actions of the PCSO's

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manc ... 009251.stm

The other line of defence now being touted seems to be that they had to direct the real emergency service personnel to the site- :roll:

Ok it seems that the boy was no longer visable but I would presume that the anglers would be able to give a general area where they last saw the boy?
Now even if the regulars needed 'help' finding the site, why didn't at least one PCSO's try whilst the other provided directions?
What specific training do the Regular officers get in relation to this scenario that PSCO's don't?

Better the "Finely balanced judgement" of this 10yr old boy than that of the two PSCO's and the sniffling cowardly defence offered by those who command them.

Regards
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

And so as I patrol in the valley of the shadow of the tricolour I must fear evil, For I am but mortal and mortals can only die
Reb
Patron

Post by Reb »

i find it interesting that the debate seems to be based on "could these wankers swim?"

I dont' care a damn if these cretins could swim or not. A man that won't intervene at the risk of his own life to save a child ain't much of a man.

I hope they enjoy their precious lives that were so valuable to them. And every day that kid's face be there in their minds to remind them of the day they flunked the big test.

These are the same kind of people who are so quick to condemn German civilians for not speaking out against Hitler. Real armchair heroes - strutting around in their police costumes, doing not a darn thing.

Of course, they did the most important thing of all - at least according to government: they were faithful to their pathetic regulations.

cheers
Reb
Prit
Contributor

Post by Prit »

I am a weak swimmer. I dislike swimming, and avoid it if at all possible.

But in these circumstances, I hope and believe I would have behaved as if the child were my own child.

This is not a question of whether their training was adequate. This is more an issue of a system that regards their conduct as acceptable and praiseworthy.

Prit