GR 318 on the Don - Dec 1942

German Heer 1935-1945.

Moderator: John W. Howard

tigre
Patron

Post by tigre »

Hello to all people; I'm gathering info about the Germans and Italians on the Don front during "Little Saturn" Dec 1942. Around mid december, the 8º Italian Army (ARMIR) was deployed on the Don river facing north with four Army Corps; from west ot east the Alpine Corps (Julia, Tridentina, Cuneense and Vicenza as reserve); the II Army Corps (Cossería plus the German GR 318 and Ravenna); the XXXV Army Corps (298 ID and Pasubio) and the XXIX German AK (Celere, Torino and Sforzesca).

So here goes my inquiries with regards to the GR 318: when was detailed from the 213 Sicherungs Div and attached to the Cossería? A little account about its fate when Little Saturn was launched. Who was in command at that time? Where its parent unit (the 213) was at that time?. Was it attached to another German unit fighting in that area (385 ID or 387 ID)?. To much questions eh?. Thanks in advance anyway. Cheers. Tigre.
Serás lo que debas ser o no serás nada. General José de San Martín.
tigre
Patron

Post by tigre »

Hi folks, it's me again. Here one sketch showing the ARMIR's deployment

Shot at 2007-08-14

On the Cosseria's right flank the GR 318, adjoining to the Ravenna.

SOURCE: Bertinaria, Pier Luigi. La Tragedia Italiana Sul Fronte Russo (1941-1943): Immagini Un Sofferto Sacrificio – Con Documenti E Testimonianze. Bruno Ghigi – Editore, Rimini, 1997. Posted here http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... highlight=

Cheers. Tigre.
Serás lo que debas ser o no serás nada. General José de San Martín.