Weltspiegel films

Fiction, movies, alternate history, humor, and other non-research topics related to WWII.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

rhaught

Weltspiegel films

Post by rhaught »

Does anyone have any information on the Degeto Weltspiegel films? Are they newsreels, propoganda films? Also looking for a list of the films with the Folge numbers and titles. I just went through the ones I have trying to read them off the film with a small light. Working on getting a projector. Here is what I was able to figure out from these though spelling might be off.

Folge # Title

29 Der Winter 1941-1942 Ostfront

31 Heldengedentag 1943

34 Luftwangriffe auf Malta

35 Einnaham Sewastopols

36 Luftwaffen Angriffe en Osten

37 Kampf goischen Donez und Don

38 Sturm auf Rostow

39 box says 39 but film numbered 38

40 in unmarked box, Sturm auf Armawir und Woraschilowisk

42 unknown, damaged, missing title part

43 Der kampf un Stalingrad

44 unknown, missing part with title

45 Kaukassusfront Elbrushestigung

Also, would anyone know of a business (in the US preferably) that would be able to transfer to dvd masters and to also restore if needed?

Thanks
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

Also, would anyone know of a business (in the US preferably) that would be able to transfer to dvd masters and to also restore if needed?
Businesses like that shouldn't be hard to find in NY. Check your phone book, starting with film, or audio visual as categories. Failing that, a local film store might be able to point you towards someone. It worked for our home movies.

Mind copyright, though. Don't get in trouble over this!
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
rhaught

Post by rhaught »

A friend just found a production company who will do it for free as long as they are allowed to make a copy for their archieves as well. It seems that there are no copyright infringements.

Tom, also how are the maps coming?
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

rhaught wrote:Tom, also how are the maps coming?
Which ones? :shock: I have thirty some in work right now for two books, and a couple for my own use!

Or are you referring to the scanned NARA maps? Those, I have nothing to do with, so I don't know specifically.
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
rhaught

Post by rhaught »

You emailed me last year about some of the original maps I had for a book or to archieve so wanted to see how that was going.