German lace high boots?

German uniforms, clothing, and awards 1919-1945.

Moderator: John W. Howard

someone

German lace high boots?

Post by someone »

I have one simple question.

Did any german forces ever wear brown LACE UP boots with 20 lace holes (just under the knee)?

I know that germans had low boots which were lace-up and had 7 or 8 holes. Also they had knee high jackboots. But did they EVER have 20-hole lace up boots?

I thought of bying a pair. They are advertised german, but i have been told by people who know that they are probably british wwi.

But...british wwi boots had about 7 or 8 laces on the bottom, with the rest of the boot flat like a jackboot?

Were there ANY forces in the last 100 yrs that wore brown leather boots with 20 lace holes?

Or maybe these are just civilian riding boots bought 10 yrs ago?

They also have externally stitched toe caps and the tounge is made of 2 halves joined in the middle.

Inside one boot there is a stamped crown and a load of numbers. But the crown doesnt look like the british crown...at least not like the one on modern british coins. It has 5 prongs visible, with the middle one being the biggest.

Am i right to assume these are NOT german? or could they be german? wwi perhaps? Or maybe custom-made?

Tmorrow i will decide weather to buy them or not. Can anyone please say their opinions? Please post soon, as tomorrow i ahve to decide.

Thanks
I am someone. You do not know me. (probably).
mightythor99
Enthusiast

boots.................

Post by mightythor99 »

teh germans used lace up's like that for early SA troops, artillerymen used ones that had a short set of laces and some buckles at the top early on, but as far as i know the army did not use the tall lace up ones. maybe in the very early 30's it's possible, i'd have to dig through some of my early photo albums, but not "typical" for wehrmacht use.
british wwi boots are pretty rare, probably worth more then nazi ones..........
us army in wwi used tall lace ups for officers, many were private purchase. wwi is a long time ago now................they are getting pretty hard to find too!
:up: :up:
I am interested in buying / trading for photo albums, photo groupings, diaries, feldpost groupings,etc, from any country in the world, any army/navy, etc, mostly 20th century!!