Help ID uniform picture

German uniforms, clothing, and awards 1919-1945.

Moderator: John W. Howard

Glenw

Help ID uniform picture

Post by Glenw »

Hi I have had this uniform for many years. I beleive that the insignia was removed but has been re added. I have added the badges myself to where there was evidence of loops. Uniform has no markings on the inside. Uniform shows signs of use and has field repair on back. I would appreciate any coments. I have posted 3 pics of this uniform. Thanks in advance.
http://au.msnusers.com/ww2germanuniform ... &PhotoID=1
Hardigan

Post by Hardigan »

It's a KM tunic , the lower pockets are different
pzrwest

tunic

Post by pzrwest »

Yes I agree it is a KM coastal tunic but all of the insignia has been replace and incorrectly as well. The breast eagle should be yellow on green, the litzen should have yellow stripes with a white stripe between the upper and lower sections of the litzen, the shoulder straps should be either bottle green or feldgrau but instead of rounded ends but mitred with either winged shells or crossed anchors and no branch color around the edge, and lastly the buttons are incorrect they should be anchor buttons with the shoulderstrap buttons being the 17mm size ones. all of the insignia, rank badges should be removed and replaced with the correct ones