WATCH OUT FOR RUSSIAN SPAMMERS!

Questions, comments, suggestions, or problems.
Jock
Associate

Post by Jock »

Sehr gut, und auf englisch fur Paddy, Very good. Glad we wont be in some long running battle. Just didnt want you to be offended by the term kraut - if you want to use a nickname for Scots, call me Jock. :wink:

Prost,
Jock
Paddy Keating

Post by Paddy Keating »

MH: my remarks are not directed towards every German member here. Anyway, tell me something: do you know what irony is? Do you understand the concept?

Jock: thanks for your concern but I regret to tell you that I actually don't give a monkey's about what people here or anywhere else think of me. I have no need at all to feel well-liked and popular.

Regards,

PK
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

Paddy Keating wrote:... I actually don't give a monkey's about what people here or anywhere else think of me. I have no need at all to feel well-liked and popular.
You know, I've corresponded with PK via e-mail and PM. I've followed his posts here. I don't always agree with what he's said, and I sometimes cringe at his posts.

However, if nothing else, you've got to give the man credit for telling it like he sees it. No sugar-coating of opinions, no trying to be politically correct or even minimally offensive.

It's no wonder he pisses so many people off! :D
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
Paddy Keating

Post by Paddy Keating »

Thanks Tom. I know I can be crude and brutal sometimes, perhaps even excessively so, but it is never indiscriminate or thoughtless. I am actually quite a friendly, accomodating chap most of the time but I have no tolerance for certain kinds of people one finds on these internet fora.

In the old days, when we met at shows of one kind or another, one could see these oafs and knuckledraggers - the people George Petersen famously described as "the dirty fingernail brigade" - coming and take evasive action. It is harder to avoid them on the web and one has to adopt quite a robust attitude if one is to stand any chance of discouraging these monkeys from turning every thread on every forum into chimpanzees' playtime with their inanities.

Perhaps some members found my Hadamar reference unduly offensive but I think this is because they chose to find it offensive. Is there much moral difference between what was done to handicapped people at Hadamar and terminating a pregnancy because the foetus is mongoloid, as some people I know recently chose to do?

The fact of the matter is that those indigenous Europeans making babies at the necessary rate tend to be from the lower orders and, often, just the sort of people who ought to be preventing from procreating. I do not know if "Nordwest" is of socially inferior stock or not but the man certainly appears to be clinically imbecilic and therefore a good candidate for sterilisation at the very least.

The fact of the matter is that there is much to be said for Eugenics in terms of building a better race: look at the Scandanavian nations, where Nazi-style Eugenics policies were applied until quite recently. Remember how unrelentingly beautiful most of them were? This is because the Scandanavians, for all their pious political correctitude and egalitarianism, sterilised the stunted and the retarded.

However, there is a difference between prevention and extermination: the first is hypocritical and disingenuous whilst the latter is brutal but honest. It is grimly amusing to receive criticial e-mails from people protesting about my Hadamar reference when I know damn well that the same people would probably kill an unborn but deformed baby "for its own good" if it were inside their wives. Moral relativity...

On another tack, I was amused by our Berliner friend's Deep South slavery analogy. People in glasshouses oughtn't to throw stones! Slavery was abolished in the old South in 1865 but it was extant throughout Europe in the early 1940s, thanks to the Germans.

I realise that it is awfully rude of me to bring Nazi slavery up, now that we are all such good friends, but I know quite a few people, including my father-in-law, who were forced to work gratis for several years until the Hitler regime was put out of business.

Regarding MH's other point about the Soviet destruction of the Hitler regime: while it is true that the German armed forces bled to death on the Eastern Front, I feel I must remind him that Great Britain stood alone against Hitler and his henchmen for more than a year and a half before the Nazis stabbed their Bolshevik allies in the back in June 1941. The Americans did not get off the fence until December 1941, when pushed by the Japanese.

So Great Britain - with the help of volunteers from the Empire, Commonwealth and Irish Free State - singlehandedly kept the flame of freedom from going out altogether in Europe for two years. Some credit is due also to the few brave souls from Occupied Europe who made to Great Britain to continue their fight and it should also be remembered that the French army inflicted terrible losses on the Wehrmacht in 1940.

So, MH, no, I am afraid that German did not become a global lingua franca. I travel a lot and find that speaking English, French and Spanish, with some Portuguese, allows me to function well in most parts of the world. German, on the other hand, is about as useful as Celtic in global business terms.

I can read German reasonably well and can certainly understand the posts of those Germans here who insist upon using German to flame and insult people in the imbecilic belief, apparently, that they can evade censure for being so insulting. The language of this website is English and it is rude of anyone to communicate in a foreign language that is likely to be incomprehensible to the majority of those present.

That I have to point this out at all is unfortunate...

PK
Jan-Hendrik
Patron

Post by Jan-Hendrik »

Paddy , nun übertreib mal nicht den britischen Beitrag :D

Sorry , folks , it came over me :wink:

Jan-Hendrik
Jock
Associate

Post by Jock »

Hi,

Paddy, like I said, more power to you for your attitude. Its refreshing to see people who stick only to what they believe, regardless of others. Regarding your explanation towards Hadamar - I agree with many of the sentiments, but think it is up to the parents and doctor to decide what happens to a deformed baby, not the state.

My mother had a feotus terminated years ago, because it had downs sydrome, amongst other things, and would be a danger to both it and my mother if born. I agree 100% with her decision, and would, be it my mother or Rose West. It was her decision though, and we must leave indivdiuals to make these decisions themselves, with reagrd to all circumstances. If they choose to make a 'wrong' decision, all the state can do is advise them, even if the state will be liable to pay for the childs care. I'm also aware there are those who are 'not equipped' to make the 'right' decision, but do these people deserve any worse standard of life? Should the state pay for 'wrong' decisions? Should we pay for mistakes by the state? Who is actually the accountable one in all this?

I echo what Tom said though - although some of your posts may have a certain cringe factor, its great to have another free thinking person on these boards, who only gives a damn for principles, and not people. A straight talking Irishman....Who woulda thunk it?!

Jan, what did you say there? I'm afraid my German doesnt stretch that far. If you keep this up, me and Paddy will start talking Gaelic at you.. :wink:

Cheers, Prost, Salut, Na zdorovia, Slainte Mhath!
Jock
Jan-Hendrik
Patron

Post by Jan-Hendrik »

He should not exaggerate the british conrtibution too much :wink:

Don't bother , Paddy will understand me :D

Jan-Hendrik
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

Jock, if yer gonna start with the Gaelic, give me some advance warning. I'll have to write back to Boston to find an interpreter, and I'll need time to replenish my Guiness stock! :wink: :D
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Paddy Keating

Post by Paddy Keating »

Ah, Jan-Hendrik! Fair point! Touché! Mind you, many of my family served in the British Army and so did I...

Some of my family were in the Waffen-SS...

Austrians, you know, victims...

PK
Paddy Keating

Post by Paddy Keating »

Jock,

I know you know what I was driving at and that you understand my example of moral relativity but I would like to assure you that something very similar occurred in my family too and while I was making a general point, I do not take such issues lightly. How appalling for your mother that must have been. Nobody could possibly know what that is like unless they have lived it. I've only witnessed it but that's not the same...

Slainte!

P
Paddy Keating

Post by Paddy Keating »

Tom,

Please don't start with Gaelic! I can sing the Irish national anthem in Gaelic and I can utter some platitudes and a few slogans but I stopped learning the language when my parents sent me to school in England. Jock probably speaks better Gaelic than me!

PK
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

Can't even learn your own language... Ah, but that's a different forum, isn't it! I wonder if there is one for Irish history? Be a helluva place to learn!
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Beppo Schmidt
Associate

Post by Beppo Schmidt »

Now it's a regular f***ing invasion And here they are...

ea8decc58ad5
7e634d50d97d
perevozki9392
12853d101220
boj-sportiff
ikpwl
âèäåî
97814e72868c
karabon
magellan2000
Didrex-em
e5aa28bc89b6
3d8714c49116
bd2acc676dae
7eead7dfa19f
85f7b0fcae8b
Mazdana
9c4e61f00dac
75a7821b3c57
krokodillo
660c61d5ea09
Se-blog
Collecting-gifts
Good Lord...what's going on right now with this? Are they still lurking around on here?
Jock
Associate

Post by Jock »

Hi,

Paddy, I know you meant no harm, I was just trying to illustrate a point, not guilt trip you. Thanks for the clarification though. My Gàidhlig isnt much more than conversational, you were lucky you got it in school. If you live south of Aviemore here, you'll be lucky to get told about Culloden. Been learning it myself for the last year or so. Seems like Ireland is more willing to embrace its celtic past than Scotland is.

Tom, leave the Guiness, and get yourself a nice Scottish island whisky, something with a smoky flavour like Laphroaig. Nothing better on a cold winters night, even better add some honey, heat it up a bit, and have yourself a hot toddy!

Nollaig chridheil, bliadhna mhath ùr agus suas leis a' Ghàidhlig!
(Merry Christmas, Happy new year and up with Gaelic!)

The reality of it is that the kids in the village who once spoke Gaelic don't nowadays. English is the language of the playground. Domhnall MacIomhair, 1987

Slàinte mhath!

Domhnall MacAidh / Donald Keddie
Jock
Paddy Keating

Post by Paddy Keating »

Jock, or Donald,

There was a Sgt Keddie in 3 PARA at one point,,,and then in 10 PARA. He had an English accent but was proud of his Highland roots. Andy Keddie. No relation?

P