Please help HJ Knife

German weapons, vehicles and equipment 1919-1945.

Moderator: sniper1shot

shaft

Please help HJ Knife

Post by shaft »

Hello,

Is this a original HJ knife?
I am not sure if this is a correct one. I hope you can tell me.
Please let me know. These are all the photos that I've recieved from the salesman
Simon H
Associate

Post by Simon H »

Looks a bit suspect, RZM marking looks wrong, the Swastika mounted into the grip is not like the one in my collection either. Is the blade actually inscribed "Blut und Ehre"? of anything??

It is easy to "nazify" a modern German scouting knife as they look the same (apart from the swastika on the grip of course), but parts can be found.

How much was is offered for out of interest? £50-60 sterling would be a good price for a real one, I have serious doubts about this example.

Regards
Simon
Simon Harrold

WW2 Battlefield Relics: German Erkennungsmarken decoded.
shaft

Post by shaft »

Hello Simon,

He wants to sell it for 100euros. "Blut und Ehre" is not (as I can see) inscribed on the blade. I only recieved these pictures. He said that the knife is original but I had also my doubts on this one.

Thanks for your help

Regards

Richard
Simon H
Associate

Post by Simon H »

Hello Richard,
I guess the price sounds OK, but personally I like to handle items and inspect them properly before parting with hard earned cash.

I would ask whether there is an inspection period and if you are not satisfied then can you get a refund and return it.

Simon.
Simon Harrold

Simon H
Associate

Post by Simon H »

I wasn't aware this forum was dead?

Or are you refering to this thread?

I didn't say I was paying that sort of money for a HJ dagger, got mine many years ago when they were still sensible prices. Some dealers are hiking the prices up.

I'd almost go as far to say there are now more fakes being sold by dealers than real ones. Some of the good Austrian copies (that were being produced back in the 60's) have now aged so much it is difficult to tell them apart from the real thing.
Simon Harrold

Rich Yankowski
Supporter

Post by Rich Yankowski »

The RZM marking does look a little odd,but it does match the maker.Most repros I've seen are usually in minty or ex+ condition,while this one has been used and abused.But Simon brings up a good point about the 60's fakes aging.

$50 USD for a HJ knife?I was looking at a stone mint early HJ by Eickhorn,for $895!!
fjrdarko

HJ Knife

Post by fjrdarko »

Hi guys,
It looks correct to me,it just a first pattern,thats why it looks so weird,i saw a couple of them before.I can guarantee you that its a real one,even the rust on the blade,and the leather,nobody would be doing it to make 50 bucks,you can get those a lot in Poland,for a bout 100-150 bucks.I got one ,a mint condition for 180 bucks,on a flea market in Berlin.
Regards,
FJR DArko